DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Main reason I want Jelly Bean is Google Now. I start my day with Google Now on my Nexus 7 to immediately check traffic conditions to work.
Me too. The idea of information before you ask for it is very compelling. This is only the beginning and probably the next frontier in computing.

Also looking forward to Project Butter. Phone has been laggy, esp. since ICS

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Me too. The idea of information before you ask for it is very compelling. This is only the beginning and probably the next frontier in computing.

Also looking forward to Project Butter. Phone has been laggy, esp. since ICS

Did you happen to do a factory reset at all after update? I know this shouldn't be needed with an update, but mine was running really laggy too. So I eventually did a factory reset and it fixed a lot of problems. However, I've noticed again over the last couple of days sometimes it gets laggy. I usually just restart my phone and it makes things a little better. Just an idea.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I can only hope the X-Phone has power the button on top volume rocker on the side design of my Bionic & not both on the side like the Razr. That's really poor design IMO.

You won't agree when you try and use a 5 inch phone with a power button on top. Its impossible to hit it without contorting your hand. Samsung gets a lot wrong with their phones, but the power button on the side is a great idea for bigger devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
that's an easy fix. just pick your phone up in a higher position. i'll take the power button on top over the side ANY day.

and THIS just in. out of the top 10 manufactures. moto came in at the bottom in sales last year. just slightly below sony, and lenovo.

samsung topped out. beating apple by 200 % which came in 3rd behind nokia.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you happen to do a factory reset at all after update? I know this shouldn't be needed with an update, but mine was running really laggy too. So I eventually did a factory reset and it fixed a lot of problems. However, I've noticed again over the last couple of days sometimes it gets laggy. I usually just restart my phone and it makes things a little better. Just an idea.

Thanks! Yes, I eventually did do a factory reset. Helped a bit. Phone is not awful; just a bit sluggish feeling at times. Restarting does help, though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can only hope the X-Phone has power the button on top volume rocker on the side design of my Bionic & not both on the side like the Razr. That's really poor design IMO.

When phones get that large, it makes perfect sense to move the power button away from the top.

AllPurposeRadio

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok fair enough I can maybe understand on larger devices not being on the top, but then how about or opposite sides or if they are going to be on the same side a little bit of space between the 2. On my wife's Razr they are like right on top of one another and it makes it very easy to hit the power button to lock it when you want to turn the volume up or vice versa.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
being as how my hands reach on the sides. i'd rather have the top. where the button gets pushed when I push it. and not from just reaching it.

engadget.com is where you'll find the phone sales for last year and quarter.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the engadget tip.

Power button isn't too important for me, however I would like it on the top if I were to choose. What I do want to see is the micro usb and micro hdmi (any word on if it will have this) on the side like on the bionic. My wife has the razr maxx, and I hate those two ports on the top. And I really don't want them on the bottom either.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
That may not be moto's fault, entirely. No, I can't elaborate, but, suffice it to say things will likely change on that front.

I thought they were loosing money before Google bought them. Either way, I know they weren't in good shape before they were bought. And i hope they emerge as the lean, mean, machine we all hope them to be.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought they were loosing money before Google bought them. Either way, I know they weren't in good shape before they were bought. And i hope they emerge as the lean, mean, machine we all hope them to be.

They were. But as I said, it may not be entirely their fault. It's complicated and I'm not able to elaborate on it. Just know that things are going to change under Google. For the better.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
They were. But as I said, it may not be entirely their fault. It's complicated and I'm not able to elaborate on it. Just know that things are going to change under Google. For the better.

Interesting. I'm sure it's an interesting story that we shall all never know, like many of of Motos stories. BTW, any more news on if they are updating the RAZR anytime soon?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Soon is a relative term. But yes, the builds are coming. I'm told it'll be build 18 all around...meaning D4, RAZR, and Bionic. D4 build 18 is in testing. Not the case for the other 2 so I don't know when the builds will be pushing out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca