Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree829Likes

Default Re: DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    I have the same damn question. It's been silent since Sunday night. No idea what's up.
    Prolly still dinking around with the Survey Monkey responses.

I wish I was. I don't know if it's another "247" situation where they just keep doing builds or what, but, if this is in fact a situation where VZW rejected another build, we're in for another month before a POSSIBLE release.
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    Prolly still dinking around with the Survey Monkey responses.
    That's monkeying around Tom. I really don't care right now, just cleared another 6" of that white stuff up here in central NH and due to get another 6" overnight. OK, I'm ready for spring. Heading to Logan for a flight to FTLauderdale and a 2 week cruise on Friday. When JB comes it comes, just no cold white JBs please.
    debonu and Tom in Bristol like this.

I've been poking around in the indecisive bin since day 1(3-12-12) with this fone. love/hate new/old waiting/waiting! Once I decided to bust a move 9 months later, everything started looking better all around, I even read where JB has root now, but I would like to move at a pace I choose.
    My original objective was to work around the wifi-tether denial, and I recently found a non root fix(with vague limitations) for that. Next, I thought I would like to stay as close to the stock ota 6.7.246 as I can(for now) - without bloat. I've done the oneclickroot (cant give enough thanks to all those making it so easi!), and I'm setting up tbpro in case I want to flash. I have alot of notes on what I need for this and other mods , and have confidence I can follow the great instructions around here. My main problem is deciding how far and how fast! Early in this thread, I saw discussion about diff's between 246&247 being 247 was JB ready. that sounds like I can keep 246 'as is' if I get "rite". what moves can I make/direction should I look? I;m gonna keep reading on here and I'm trying to access another sam site, so If I don't overload I can get it. all comments welcome!

and I think I'll get 1 of those $120 fones(little crakl in glass)

You're a bit off on the difference between 246 & 247. There is no difference. :P That was discovered and discussed ad nauseum in the ICS leak thread.
    Thanked by:
    SamuriHL and pbsavages like this.

Just got an email from Motorola!!!

Oh wait, they're just trying to sell me a phone. Never mind, false alarm, everyone can go back to their business.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Default DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Quote Originally Posted by zachthebomb13 View Post
    Just got an email from Motorola!!!

Oh wait, they're just trying to sell me a phone. Never mind, false alarm, everyone can go back to their business.

You should be banned for that stunt!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    You should be banned for that stunt!
    :P

Uh oh.

Fortunately I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.

ROM
    Stock ICS 6.7.246

Quote Originally Posted by drstrangelove5 View Post
    Uh oh.

Fortunately I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.
    It's posts like this that make me wish social media accepted a "dislike" button

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. Bionic ain't getting a release soon. New build just started testing today. COME ON!
    How's testing going.

Quote Originally Posted by zachthebomb13 View Post
    How's testing going.

As predicted....slow.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition

Not enough bloat yet?

No idea on that. It just needs to go through a lot of testing.

Default DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

No idea on that. It just needs to go through a lot of testing.
    So now I'm curious: what exactly do they need to test? Presumably, the builds submitted by Moto actually run on the phone (satisfactorily, one would think). So is it how the phone interacts with VZW's network? Is it something else? They don't really reject builds because VZVideo or the other crapware is not bundled, do they?

As predicted....slow.
    I was thinking about one of your previous comments, how we won't receive any more updates, so i hope they get it right.

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

We will be upgraded to JB. It is official from Motorola's website. Go to , choose your country then carrier and then Bionic. You'll see for yourself that they say it WILL be upgraded to JB.
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    We will be upgraded to JB. It is official from Motorola's website. Go to , choose your country then carrier and then Bionic. You'll see for yourself that they say it WILL be upgraded to JB.
    None of us doubt that, especially with Google at the helm. We'd just like to get these updates before we're already 2-3 OS versions behind!

So now I'm curious: what exactly do they need to test? Presumably, the builds submitted by Moto actually run on the phone (satisfactorily, one would think). So is it how the phone interacts with VZW's network? Is it something else? They don't really reject builds because VZVideo or the other crapware is not bundled, do they?
    Ok so here's how it works to my understanding. Moto creates an engineering build. In this case they used one engineering build for all 3 omap4 phones. From the engineering build they create the release builds. These are what moto will give to vzw for approval. But before they do that, they run each build through an automated test suite. Don't ask me what the tests are because I honestly don't know. What I do know is the process of moving a build through the automated test suite takes anywhere from a week to usually 2 weeks. Once the build passes the test suite it's given to vzw for a yey or nay decision which also takes about 2 weeks. After that if it's accepted then the soak test can begin. But yes, vzw can deny the build for any reason. I'm told one of the jb builds was denied because they didn't like the font. No I'm not kidding. When the build is rejected vzw stops looking at it. Meaning there could have been more things they didn't like that need to be fixed but it won't get found until the next round of acceptance testing. Starting to see why this takes so bloody long now? And that moto is not really to blame. They do as much as they can to ensure a build's success.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

roadpizza73 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I meant after jb we won't be getting more update. That's what i was quoting. So, I'm hoping there aren't any bugs in it, which there shouldn't be, with all the extensive testing...

I'm told one of the jb builds was denied because they didn't like the font. No I'm not kidding. When the build is rejected vzw stops looking at it. Meaning there could have been more things they didn't like that need to be fixed but it won't get found until the next round of acceptance testing.

Does Verizon run the government too?

Ok so here's how it works to my understanding. Moto creates an engineering build. In this case they used one engineering build for all 3 omap4 phones. From the engineering build they create the release builds. These are what moto will give to vzw for approval. But before they do that, they run each build through an automated test suite. Don't ask me what the tests are because I honestly don't know. What I do know is the process of moving a build through the automated test suite takes anywhere from a week to usually 2 weeks. Once the build passes the test suite it's given to vzw for a yey or nay decision which also takes about 2 weeks. After that if it's accepted then the soak test can begin. But yes, vzw can deny the build for any reason. I'm told one of the jb builds was denied because they didn't like the font. No I'm not kidding. When the build is rejected vzw stops looking at it. Meaning there could have been more things they didn't like that need to be fixed but it won't get found until the next round of acceptance testing. Starting to see why this takes so bloody long now? And that moto is not really to blame. They do as much as they can to ensure a build's success.

Boy, I'll bet the folks at VZW have side jobs working at the DMV and the utility company bill pay windows. Oh, and the IRS...

Asinine...the font?

"The devil is in the details."

Nibble by byte, weaning from google
    Replacing my computer with a smartypantsphone - almost there.

Waddaya mean, b4 we're 2-3 builds behind? I'm already testing 4.2.2, albeit a hack :rolleyes:
    Nibble by byte, weaning from google
    Replacing my computer with a smartypantsphone - almost there.

Boy, I'll bet the folks at VZW have side jobs working at the DMV and the utility company bill pay windows. Oh, and the IRS...

Asinine...the font?
    And building inspection departments. I used to work as a plumber and it used to frustrate me to no end to fail multiple inspections for different items each time and have to pay a reinspection fee. I never could figure out why they couldn't just do the whole inspection so I could make all the corrections and we could all move on. But I guess that's how they make their money for the city. And to think there are those out there who feel we need more government regulation and bureaucracy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast