Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree829Likes

Default Re: DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

They have alot of us in a corner with that having to buy a phone at full retail to keep unlimited data. It could conceivably cost my wife and I 1900 for two new phones and that is RIDICULOUS and not happening. My bionic is going to have to fall apart before I buy a new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofsteel927 View Post
    They have alot of us in a corner with that having to buy a phone at full retail to keep unlimited data. It could conceivably cost my wife and I 1900 for two new phones and that is RIDICULOUS and not happening. My bionic is going to have to fall apart before I buy a new phone.
    Yours didnt fall apart already? lol j/k
    Well I'm in a similar situation but thats because I'm on a company account and upgrading isn't an option for probably a good 8-10 months but I'll buy one if the opportunity arises and I have the pocket money. Or wait till one of my coworkers upgrade is up and use my seniority to take the early upgrade.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by celticfdguy View Post
    Honestly, who is still going to be on this phone by the time JB is released??? I plan on upgraded as soon as I am eligible in April!
    Now that ICS has restored a few of the features I had to give up when leaving WebOS for Gingerbread, the Bionic is perfectly adequate for my needs. Jelly Bean will only improve things. When we start getting beyond minor changes in screen resolution and the like to actual next-step technology (notably voice over LTE, which allows simplification of the internal radio infrastructure), I'll probably end up doing the same thing I'm doing with the Bionic: wait until I can buy a refurbished unit for $30, then keep it until well after the end of the contract.

I just randomly checked for an update and got it!! In Southern CA.. No soak test.. No root.. 9:27pm PST CHECK!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I love how everyone was all "RAWR Give me ICS NOW!!!" while waiting for the OTA update. Dang thing wasn't even fully rolled out before people started wanting JB. I predict if it starts leaking/rolling out early because it got rushed, that these same people will start crying JB bad, and want ICS back even though they got just what they asked for. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    For me, it'll depend on if I have a tablet or not. The lapdock and Webtop 3.0 on ICS really changed my mind about getting a Nexus 7.
    Changed your mind how? Do you like the Webtop 3.0? I played with it last night and really didn't like it. It's pretty much a tablet now, except I can't use my finger to do things, I have to use a mouse, which is in my opinion not as good. What about the new webtop do you like? What programs do you use specifically on the webtop? Also, do you think they'll keep webtop when we go to JB? It really won't be on any other phones, except maybe the RAZR and maybe the latest ATRIX.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I love how everyone was all "RAWR Give me ICS NOW!!!" while waiting for the OTA update. Dang thing wasn't even fully rolled out before people started wanting JB. I predict if it starts leaking/rolling out early because it got rushed, that these same people will start crying JB bad, and want ICS back even though they got just what they asked for. XD
    ..the point of this thread was to confirm that Motorola does plan to support the Bionic through Jelly Bean.

All I want is Project Butter.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zachthebomb13 View Post
    Changed your mind how? Do you like the Webtop 3.0? I played with it last night and really didn't like it. It's pretty much a tablet now, except I can't use my finger to do things, I have to use a mouse, which is in my opinion not as good. What about the new webtop do you like? What programs do you use specifically on the webtop? Also, do you think they'll keep webtop when we go to JB? It really won't be on any other phones, except maybe the RAZR and maybe the latest ATRIX.
    I love it. Webtop 3.0 is smoother and performs better than the previous versions. With the previous version of Webtop, I was really only able to have one Firefox browser window open at a time. Open any more than that and performance would suffer greatly.

Apps like Gmail, Email, stock Browser, and Chrome all open up in tablet mode natively.

This is what Webtop should have been in the first place.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

I received this email today....
    Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is here!

Looks pretty clear on there that they're going to do JB...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by viper8315 View Post
    I received this email today....
    Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is here!

Looks pretty clear on there that they're going to do JB...
    Things can change though.

See Atrix, Atrix 2, Photon.

Things can change though.

See Atrix, Atrix 2, Photon.
    Those are Tegra devices, no?

And Punit Soni never said those folks got a 'raw deal'!!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    Those are Tegra devices, no?

And Punit Soni never said those folks got a 'raw deal'!!
    The Photon and Atrix are Tegra devices.

But the point I was trying to make is that the Atrix and Photon were scheduled to get ICS. I believe leaks for at least the Atrix point to Motorola working on them. But all development stopped.

BTW, the Atrix 2 runs an OMAP, like the Bionic.

Yea, I hear ya Ry...at least its in the works. If they don't make it before EOL, oh well. I'm still blown away how much better the phone is now. It's like they slapped a turbo or supercharger on an already quick car. Now, coming from a BB Storm 2, I might just be easily impressed...
    miller3078 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusG90 View Post
    Awesomeness

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    We are brothers in arms, I have the Bionic and the Nexus 7 also. Happy as a pig in the White House.
    Thanked by:
    JesusG90 and TOPshogun like this.

The Photon and Atrix are Tegra devices.

But the point I was trying to make is that the Atrix and Photon were scheduled to get ICS. I believe leaks for at least the Atrix point to Motorola working on them. But all development stopped.

BTW, the Atrix 2 runs an OMAP, like the Bionic.
    And my point was that they ran into more hassles than they wanted to deal with on the Tegra processors, but did the job on the Atrix 2 because it had OMAP.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    And my point was that they ran into more hassles than they wanted to deal with on the Tegra processors, but did the job on the Atrix 2 because it had OMAP.
    The Xoom runs Tegra.

The Atrix 2 isn't getting Jelly Bean.

I think it's more of a volume issue. There are probably more Bionics than Atrix 1 and 2s and Photons combined.

Ok I get it everone is skeptical of us getting jb because of all the bs with this phone. However now that Google owns moto and is trying to mend fences with bionic owners do you really think they would plaster all over the net we are getting jb just to turn around and not give us jb.
    miller3078 likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
    Ok I get it everone is skeptical of us getting jb because of all the bs with this phone. However now that Google owns moto and is trying to mend fences with bionic owners do you really think they would plaster all over the net we are getting jb just to turn around and not give us jb.
    Just like nothing is official until it's official, nothing happens until it happens.

Just like nothing is official until it's official, nothing happens until it happens.

When we get it, we get it
    Bionic still waiting ICS

ROM
    Stock ICS 6.7.246

Now that the Razr and Razr Maxx have it, any wagers on how much longer we will have to wait?

First leak a few days after Xmas according to my source. Who knows if they'll hold to that schedule, but, let's hope so!
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    gwhizkids likes this.

Eagerly awaiting the HOB solution to move us up, too!

Well, you may or may not be disappointed there. The House of Bionic has changed over the last month or so quite a bit. At least in terms of how I support it. I won't be making update installers when leaks come out. It's going to be a more "self service" model. The House of Bionic will already support the newest leaks out of the box. You just have to know how to add the support for it. It's VERY simple in reality. When I get some time I'm going to be adding some built in help screens to the HoB and I've asked for volunteers to create some videos that we can post. I also want to work on a tutorial, as well. I was beyond overwhelmed with support issues when 246 was released and I have ZERO intention of going through that again. I want the HoB to be useful to people, but, I can't spend that much time hand holding people through it. So when JB does drop, the current HoB already will support it and all you'll have to do is follow some very simple directions that amount to creating a new folder, adding some text to a filename, and running the HoB with your phone connected. It already does all that but it's not well understood apparently. I'll make it more obvious somehow.
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Nexus 6 - soon?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thiefnthanight View Post
    Now that the Razr and Razr Maxx have it, any wagers on how much longer we will have to wait?
    Was it leaked?

The DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD are in the 4.1 Jelly Bean rollout now.

Can't say I blame you there, Samuri. Creating a solution for people should not mean becoming their tech support when they can't read / follow directions. Your efforts are appreciated beyond anything anyone can do to thank you.
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast