Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree829Likes

Default Re: DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Yes, but I've hesitated to post them here for the reason I stated. So as a result, all I'm going to say is that barring any issues, we're still on track for the release to come out next month. Those with a RAZR or D4 should probably keep an eye out "soon". Bionic will be a bit later.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Thanked by 2:
    matriX1218 likes this.

Thank you, SamuriHL. Understand the position you're in and why you're playing it 'safe', so to speak. Not a problem. Good to know that, barring any problems or unforeseen issues, it is on track for sometime next month. Thanks, again.

Default DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

And remember everyone, what Samuri says here, stays here. Or he won't be saying anything. Without him, we wouldn't know if JB was coming at all.
    Thanked by:
    Lefty Drummer and matriX1218 like this.

That's why I'm hesitating to post anything at all. The information I get doesn't come magically out of thin air. I don't mind sharing on threads like this but if it gets reposted on a Moto forum in a vein attempt at taunting them, well, come on.

Don't worry. I'm not going to repost any of this anywhere, not that anyone was wondering. Appreciate your willingness, SamuriHL, and don't want to jeopardize that. Thanks, again!!

Hey thanks

My heartbeats are restoring again

Love you.

sent from my Droid Bionic via Reliance

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Will this jb update also prohibit moving apps to the SD card? If so, I may stay with ics. I have a newer tablet with jb, and I really miss being able to move a bunch of my stuff there, unless there is a fix for this problem that I am unaware of.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Anything we should read into the French RAZR I getting JB? I am assuming no...,

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...tarting-france

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    Anything we should read into the French RAZR I getting JB? I am assuming no...,

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...tarting-france
    About time.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

This post isn't giving me the warm fuzzies...

DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359591717.904297.jpg

They aren't allowed to give information. Ignore what you read there.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

...and that Moto page is never up-dated with good info till long after the Soak and OTA has been finished. Have faith that JB will see the light of day on the Bionic real soon now.

Thanks for the reassurance. What got me was that in a preceding post, they did say that the Razr was getting it Q1, which is actually more than the website says.

I was thinking, i wouldn't mind if the bionic didn't get jb, in fact I'd almost prefer it. I know, blasphemy, but let me explain. We might get jb by March. Many of us bought our bionic in the small window before the razor came out. I bought mine on day 1, which makes my upgrade available the beginning of May. supposably the "xphone" will be announced during google io in may as well, and if not we should at least have many more leaks by then. So, instead of having jb I'd rather get a $100 rebate. Ics will do me fine for an extra two months. So, what do you think?

Hi all, just wanted to add my two cents in. To the topic of Bionic not getting JB and just upgrading to a new phone.... The prospect of losing my unlimited data is a total deal breaker for me and probably many others lucky enough to still have it.
    MsRed likes this.

Then stop buying subsidized phones... Buy a phone outright with an unlockable bootloader and keep unlimited. The omgz ponies it costs too much argument doesn't wash, either. You pay full price for the phone regardless. What do you think the etf is all about? People need to take back control... But to do so you will have to pay for it.

Thanked by:
    ibecker, Ry, asmith922 and 1 others like this.

Well stated my friend.

Still got my unlimited data. Its great with root and wifi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

i knew as soon as I wrote my post the next one would be about unlimited data. Here are my thoughts on that. at first i was really worried about giving up my unlimited data plan, but had to to add another phone to my plan. But after about six months i haven't had any problems going over. I have three smart phones and a 8 gig plan.the most I've ever used was 5 gigs, and that's after my mother in law somehow burnt through two gigs in two hours (don't ask how). I'm actually spending less than i did with two phones and unlimited data. For most users i think it's a good deal; don't have to count minutes, get to share data across the board, etc. if you're a power user then it might not be the best, but that's a smaller percentage.

Also about Verizon's prices, they are a business and in my opinion have two goals: make a profit and provide excellent service. I think as long as they're meeting these two goals we the users are the ultimate winners. I hardly never ever need to worry about dropped calls or slow data like many of our friends on other carriers do. We also know our provider is financially stable and will be for the foreseeable future. That gives us great piece of mind compared to other carriers like t mobile.

So, in the end, we're paying for quality and for the most part getting it. Remember, you get what you pay for. Oh and i don't work for Verizon, just an fyi. Now, let the comments come about how Verizon is the devil...

So just to be clear, is the 246 leak the same as OTA? Do I have to fxz to OTA to be able to receive updates?

Yes, and from what I understand, yes. Or it may be possible to manually side load the update if/when it becomes available online some place, but that's a bit above my head.

This topic personally annoys me so I'm only going to address it once in this thread and that'll be it.

246 is 246. Period. I don't care how you *installed* 246, the end result is that you are running 246. FXZ, ota, or side loading an update... It makes no difference whatsoever how you installed it. It matters not whether you got it from a so called leak or ota. It is the same damn update no matter what. The end.

Thanked by 4:
    LDubs, leever6000 and asmith922 like this.

I have a question, will the JB update include support for the Lapdock? Since the ICS update it has become one of the best things about the phone, I would hate to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by jk12475 View Post
    I have a question, will the JB update include support for the Lapdock? Since the ICS update it has become one of the best things about the phone, I would hate to lose it.
    My understanding is yes, but no enhancements. Its just there

This topic personally annoys me so I'm only going to address it once in this thread and that'll be it.

246 is 246. Period. I don't care how you *installed* 246, the end result is that you are running 246. FXZ, ota, or side loading an update... It makes no difference whatsoever how you installed it. It matters not whether you got it from a so called leak or ota. It is the same damn update no matter what. The end.

While I don't doubt that everyone including me appreciates your knowledge and inside info on the Droid telephones, my question wasn't directed at you specifically as you might have thought. You don't have to be snooty, a simple yes or no would have sufficed. If you don't have anything nice to say, you don't have to post a reply. Thank you though for your answer.
Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast