DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll just wait and see then. I've never resold a phone, so i could be presently surprised. *shuffles through desk drawer* where's that og Droid, let's see how much it's worth...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just looked on e-bay for Motorola Droid Bionic cell phones with a clean esn. I saw quite a few on the site and most of them are between $100 and $200 on that site right now.

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I find it to be pretty funny how people are getting this excited for the x phone, considering what happened with bionic. Don't get me wrong punit soni seems like he has a good head on his shoulders, but all this hype because they used phraseology "like you never seen before". The only thing we know for sure is that it won't receive timely updates.

Even better, by the time this phone receives its jelly bean update it will likely be old news (KLP). I wish receiving year old technology wasn't the norm for the business.

Either way cheers to jelly bean eventually making its way to our Bionics. Perhaps we can finally "control everything" like the marketing blitz promised.

Fortunately I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Prolly still dinking around with the Survey Monkey responses.
That's monkeying around Tom.:D I really don't care right now, just cleared another 6" of that white stuff up here in central NH and due to get another 6" overnight. OK, I'm ready for spring. Heading to Logan for a flight to FTLauderdale and a 2 week cruise on Friday. When JB comes it comes, just no cold white JBs please.:-\

hilbili

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been poking around in the indecisive bin since day 1(3-12-12) with this fone. love/hate new/old waiting/waiting! Once I decided to bust a move 9 months later, everything started looking better all around, I even read where JB has root now, but I would like to move at a pace I choose.
My original objective was to work around the wifi-tether denial, and I recently found a non root fix(with vague limitations) for that. Next, I thought I would like to stay as close to the stock ota 6.7.246 as I can(for now) - without bloat. I've done the oneclickroot (cant give enough thanks to all those making it so easi!), and I'm setting up tbpro in case I want to flash. I have alot of notes on what I need for this and other mods , and have confidence I can follow the great instructions around here. My main problem is deciding how far and how fast! Early in this thread, I saw discussion about diff's between 246&247 being 247 was JB ready. that sounds like I can keep 246 'as is' if I get "rite". what moves can I make/direction should I look? I;m gonna keep reading on here and I'm trying to access another sam site, so If I don't overload I can get it. all comments welcome!

and I think I'll get 1 of those $120 fones(little crakl in glass)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're a bit off on the difference between 246 & 247. There is no difference. :p That was discovered and discussed ad nauseum in the ICS leak thread.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from Motorola!!!

Oh wait, they're just trying to sell me a phone. Never mind, false alarm, everyone can go back to their business.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
No idea on that. It just needs to go through a lot of testing.

So now I'm curious: what exactly do they need to test? Presumably, the builds submitted by Moto actually run on the phone (satisfactorily, one would think). So is it how the phone interacts with VZW's network? Is it something else? They don't really reject builds because VZVideo or the other crapware is not bundled, do they?