DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
As Ry said, here we go. Grabbed Sam's file, verified SU binary up to date. Installing now....

So far so good, no errors...

Edit 2:30 pm. Just finished and restarting...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

miller3078

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
As Ry said, here we go. Grabbed Sam's file, verified SU binary up to date. Installing now....

So far so good, no errors...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

I'm just guessing, but I think Ry said that because of all the questions that will be directed at Sam. 75% of which have already been answered.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else's taking a long time to boot up after doing the update? Mine has been in bootloop for about 20 minutes now...

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the screen with Android maintenance and a progress bar? On my install the progress bar did move, but it was a little slow.

No, just in bootloop after installing the update from recovery mode successfully. Does the Android maintenance happen after it boots up again?

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I just ran through HoB and preserved all data. Re-rooted and re-enabled Voodoo OTA. Manual update is now underway without the status 7 error.

Updating BP...
Updating LTE...

(fingers crossed)

Went smoothly. Some apps updated. Was prompted to update "Google Search" and that worked fine. No update from "Google Now".

WifiTether seems to work after the upgrade (I maintained root with Voodoo).

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
How's Google Now? Someone said they were having issues with updating the app with messages saying device not compatible.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That was me. Google Now works fine. What I was talking about is that it prompted me to update the GOOGLE SEARCH app to the latest version. THAT is what was coming up in the Play Store as not compatible with my Bionic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update (no high pitched noise in earbuds!)

When the BIONIC was first released there was a high-pitched noise when using earbuds. Some people were sensitive to it, others were not. Moto actually patched it in a Gingerbread release. However, when ICS came out the noise returned and was not patched-out again.

This Jelly Bean update seems to have removed the high pitched whine. I no longer have to use an in-line attenuator to filter the noise. Fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress