Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

I can't stand ear buds (they're painful for me to wear), so I don't have any I could test with.

Default Re: Whine back in headphone output on 246?

I notice it very slightly with Phonak PFE earphones. I think they are 32 ohms. I probably would not have noticed it had it not been pointed out. I use Power Amp for music and by manipulating the preamp volume control and balancing it with the phone's volume buttons, it is possible to eliminate it, likely due to modifying the output impedance of the jack. If you don't find this successful I would recommend an inline volume control between your phone and the your earphones. Shure makes a good one, but even Radio SHacks one is perfectly acceptable. It will increase the load impedance the headphone jack sees and eliminate the high pitched noise. To be honest it is so slight for me that I don't know if I had it all along or not. I do have a little high frequency hearing loss though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by danlayman View Post
    I notice it very slightly with Phonak PFE earphones. I think they are 32 ohms. I probably would not have noticed it had it not been pointed out. I use Power Amp for music and by manipulating the preamp volume control and balancing it with the phone's volume buttons, it is possible to eliminate it, likely due to modifying the output impedance of the jack. If you don't find this successful I would recommend an inline volume control between your phone and the your earphones. Shure makes a good one, but even Radio SHacks one is perfectly acceptable. It will increase the load impedance the headphone jack sees and eliminate the high pitched noise. To be honest it is so slight for me that I don't know if I had it all along or not. I do have a little high frequency hearing loss though.
    I used my QC15's with my Bionic, along with Pandora for about an hour today. I was so pissed that even though I had set the input to the QC15's to "low", I could clearly hear that infernal whine on quieter sections of music. If it weren't for the whine, I wouldn't be so pissed at Motorola for screwing up my phone with the ICS update. I went to verizon a couple of days ago, but don't like how the whites of many of the other phones are a dingy, greenish gray, such as the S3 and other uber popular phones at the moment. The only one that had clean whites was that monster from LG and I wouldn't own that if it were free.
    Does anyone know if Moto is aware of the whine? I don't go to their website any more because every time I do, I get stymied by it complaining that my email addy is already "in use". I've tried several of my email addys and have no idea how to view or post on the moto forums. I used to be a member long ago and can't find a way for the site not to complain that my addy is in use. I'm not about to create some bogus email addy just to whine to Moto directly, about the whine. What I'll do instead, is buy a different phone.
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    What I'll do instead, is buy a different phone.
    How soon?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

What's it to you?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Samsung Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Problem solved.

I bought a Samsung Note 2. Awesome. Adios Bionic!!
    Samsung Note 2

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Whine back in headphone output on 246? [SOLVED]

I got my Bionic on launch day and it's had the whine through each update over headphones (Klipsch Image S4 and Bose QC2). It only happens to me at low volumes and I don't hear it when I connect to my car through an audio cable or to my Klipsch speakers. I don't think it's any worse now than it was on GB but it never went away for me when the first maintenance update pushed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

dang, that's a bummer. I'd have dumped my bionic long ago if the whine hadn't been resolved for a good portion of this past year. good luck with your next phone--it's bound to be better!! (the note 2 is a dream, IMO, FTW. it isn't overly large, which was my big concern going in). I also like the "badges" on the apps icons, ala iOS. I had no idea that i was missing out on those only because I didn't have a Samsung product. I thought that no Androids would have icon badges.
    Samsung Note 2

Hey, whaddaya know... no more whine with the Jelly Bean update.

Verizon is pushing jelly bean out over the air?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Soak test is being pushed.

The hiss/buzz is gone. Best part of the update so far.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by schmogo View Post
    The hiss/buzz is gone. Best part of the update so far.
    I solved my hiss many months ago. I bought a note 2. It was an expensive solution but I'm very happy with my choice

Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12