Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SamuriHL
  • 1 Post By prizeferret
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting back to OTA - Restored to .893 - But saying no updates available.

So I used Clockwork to restore my original .893 ROM from one of Th3ory's first Mods. I have rooted this version of the ROM.

Everything seems to be working just fine, except if I to "about my phone" and then select check for system updates, it tells me my phone is up to date.

Is my phone too far out of the upgrade loop to pick up the updates? Is the rooting messing things up? (IIRC, rooting was not supposed to affect the upgrade path at the time I installed it).

Any help would be appreciated.

Gosh, I forgot how ugly the stock red and black background was on this thing.

ROM
    Stock ICS 6.7.246

Default Re: Getting back to OTA - Restored to .893 - But saying no updates available.

Quote Originally Posted by prizeferret View Post
    So I used Clockwork to restore my original .893 ROM from one of Th3ory's first Mods. I have rooted this version of the ROM.

Everything seems to be working just fine, except if I to "about my phone" and then select check for system updates, it tells me my phone is up to date.

Is my phone too far out of the upgrade loop to pick up the updates? Is the rooting messing things up? (IIRC, rooting was not supposed to affect the upgrade path at the time I installed it).

Any help would be appreciated.

Gosh, I forgot how ugly the stock red and black background was on this thing.

This is everything you need.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Getting back to OTA - Restored to .893 - But saying no updates available.

HOB is stated to require .905 or above.

ROM
    .246 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by prizeferret View Post
    HOB is stated to require .905 or above.
    I'm not at my computer right now, but I believe that he says just that any ics leak or ota must *install* on top of 905. No matter what version you're currently on, if you install everything needed for HOB correctly and then choose the install 246 option, HOB will install via fxz the 905 files necessary to install 246 properly. I was on 247, and it still dropped me back to 905 before installing 246. Samuri correct me if I'm wrong that he can do that?

Check out the FAQ, question 1:

Also read this, Samuri's reply to me where he explains the install on top of 905:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2207405

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Lefty Drummer; 10-20-2012 at 10:55 PM.

If you are on pre-905, you should use the 905_FXZ KEEP DATA option FIRST to get you to a baseline 905 install. Then you can use the 246 INSTALL option. The install option doesn't flash everything from the 905 FXZ, so, it won't work on pre-905 phones. But you won't lose any data doing it the way I just described. To recap:

o) 905 FXZ KEEP DATA option
    o) 246 INSTALL

That'll bring you up to date with the latest OTA without data or app loss.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Thanked by:
    Lefty Drummer and prizeferret like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Worked like a charm! Thank you SamuraiHL!

And truly incredible work on the app. I don't think I've seen many programs at any level that were as easy to use.
    Thanked by:
    Lefty Drummer likes this.