Quirks with the new ICS update, Droid Bionic

danrenfroe2016

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
ICS is awesome and makes my Bionic feel like a new Phone. However...

Found a Few Quirks:

Printing:
Motoprint settings are now in the main settings area.
There is not an app now. you must print from the application that opened the document.
QuickOffice Pro: Does not support motoprint. Use the stock motorola version of the QuickOffice and it has a print button.

Voicemail notification:

Cant find a way to erase from notifications without actually listening to the voice mail. annoying...

Launcher:

No landscape launcher?

Lets Golf 2 CAN be uninstalled now! yes!

Anyone have any input on these items? Other items?

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
None of this issues are of concern here I dont use moto print, I use a laptop. And who doesn't listen to there voicemail? Shame on you :) and I could care less about landscape. All in all I love my bionic as much as I did when I first got it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bentucker

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to download a few widgets from Google Play since recieving ICS and after the download and install, I can not find them anywhere in order to actually place them on a home screen. I know the widgets are listed with the apps and all widgets that I had before are there, but no newly downloaded ones. Is there another way to access widgets? This isn't the case with downloaded normal apps, but just widgets. Any thoughts?

DrewDT

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just received the update today. It looks good so far except Tasker is unable to turn on the GPS on the phone when I start an app that uses GPS. Looks like Google has locked the gps to third party apps for some reason.

burbley

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the "group" shortcut feature doesn't work.

This is where you can create a group in the Apps List and add apps to the group. Then you select "Add Group to Home" in the group menu to have a shortcut placed on the home screen.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I just received the update today. It looks good so far except Tasker is unable to turn on the GPS on the phone when I start an app that uses GPS. Looks like Google has locked the gps to third party apps for some reason.
From my post in another thread:
Tasker can no longer enable/disable GPS directly. It has to vector the request through Secure Settings. I have tested the new approach, and it works.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the "group" shortcut feature doesn't work.

This is where you can create a group in the Apps List and add apps to the group. Then you select "Add Group to Home" in the group menu to have a shortcut placed on the home screen.
Just press and hold on an icon in the Apps drawer, drag it to where you want it and drop. Repeat the process with the next app that you'd like to place in the same folder (just drop it on top of the first app icon). A given app can be in multiple folders, and folders can be created in the Favorites bar so as to be available from every home screen. I've eliminated all of my groups and replaced them with folders. Oh, and opening a folder gives you the opportunity to tap at the bottom and name it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
About Voicemail, I have to either delete or save it to remove the notification. Apparently it's an ICS thing that simply listening to it doesn't remove the notification.

As for Let's Golf, I was able to uninstall it on GB. :/

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else not have the RECENT APP function after downloading ics?
What happens when you press and hold the Home button? Haptic feedback, yes or no? "No recent apps" in blue text, or nothing?

And do you have any utility apps running that might be intercepting the recent-app command? I had occasional problems with some of my Tasker profiles under GB in this regard; haven't yet seen it in ICS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it cropped back up.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the music player "hiss" seems to have returned.

Don't you mean headphone output is replete with tons of "whine", on ALL audio sources? that's why I am getting a replacement phone in a few days from Verizon--a Razr Maxx is the most I could get from them at this point. better than a kick in the ass. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey