Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Re: Quirks with the new ICS update, Droid Bionic

Undesirable quirks keep coming. I've had multiple instances of apps inexplicably uninstalled and having to reinstall them.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDT View Post
    Undesirable quirks keep coming. I've had multiple instances of apps inexplicably uninstalled and having to reinstall them.
    List of apps please.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Since my update to ICS last night I can only stream audio and video on about half of the sites as before. Anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by fjamison View Post
    Since my update to ICS last night I can only stream audio and video on about half of the sites as before. Anyone else having this issue?
    Guessing those sites used flash and aren't on HTML 5, which is no longer included starting with ICS. All debates aside as to why Adobe has stopped supporting it, you can get it back. Go to the play store and to your list of apps. Slide over to the All tab at the top to see every app you've had installed in the past. You will find Flash still in that list and can go redownload it. If you simply try doing a search for Flash, it won't come up because anything with ICS and up is no longer "supported". Meaning they will no longer update it or answer support questions if something goes wrong.
    Thanked by 2:
    fjamison likes this.

Beautiful! Thanks, worked perfect. Spent 2 hrs with tech support last night with no progress. Thanks againg.

To those getting replacements, how long ago did you get your Bionic? My wife got hers shortly after it came out at least a year ago I think. Wouldn't mind trying to get her an "early upgrade" (replacement) out of it. She's had a couple of issues with the OTA ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Folders are all well and good, unless you want to create a grouping of more than 16 apps. I have a group created in the app drawer called "Games" that has 20-some apps, but when I try to create a folder it maxes out at 16. So I wish they would fix the app group shortcut bug

I got the ICS update two days ago. My wonderful Bionic is now Frankenstein. Many of my apps freeze the phone, causing me to have to restart. I have a great call blocker installed which I have had zero problems with that now will not work at all, so I've lost my call history, call blocks, etc. Many other apps work so slowly I might just as well revert to a 'dumb' phone. I don't care how 'pretty' this is, I want my phone to function. I want to easily be able to access my phone list without having to spend half an hour figuring out how to unsync FB and Twitter so I don't have 5K extra phone numbers in my address book. OK, my rant is over. I HATE this. I really HATE this.
    1812dave likes this.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catherderfromwyoming View Post
    I got the ICS update two days ago. My wonderful Bionic is now Frankenstein. Many of my apps freeze the phone, causing me to have to restart. I have a great call blocker installed which I have had zero problems with that now will not work at all, so I've lost my call history, call blocks, etc. Many other apps work so slowly I might just as well revert to a 'dumb' phone. I don't care how 'pretty' this is, I want my phone to function. I want to easily be able to access my phone list without having to spend half an hour figuring out how to unsync FB and Twitter so I don't have 5K extra phone numbers in my address book. OK, my rant is over. I HATE this. I really HATE this.
    I had a problem with apps that were slow to start, including the native Exchange e-mail and camera apps. In another thread, Ry posted a list of bloatware that can be safely disabled. I did that and also uninstalled Blockbuster and whatever else I could, which helped a lot. (I had previously FDR'd.) I recommend that. BTW, thanks Ry for an excellent suggestion - a lot of your posts have been very helpful to me!

Anyone lose their LED notification in the upper right corner after ICS was pushed? Can I get it back?

Ever since updating to ICS I have been unable to stream NFL games from firstrowsports.tv to my phone. Anyone know how to fix this? Keeps telling me I need to download ilivid or something like that.

is that a flash site? does flash work elsewhere? what's the symptom?
    Samsung Note 2

It is a flash site. it just wont load the video at all. everything else loads(all the ads)

Flash was removed in ICS officially, but you can get it back. Go to the Play store and into My Apps. Go over to the All tab at the top to pull up the list of every app you've ever had, installed or not. You should be able to find flash in there and reinstall (you won't find it by doing a basic search on your phone in the store).

There are a couple other ways to get it, but that seems to be the easiest for most people.
    Thanked by:

The only problem I am having after ICS is GO contacts. I have always used it with no problems, when I make a call or receive a call it would use Go contact/dialer, but now after ICS every call goes right to stock dialer, I can't disable the stock dialer even though I make Go contacts the default dialer.

Oh and not ICS related....the speaker for my earpice is vibrating again.....on my 2nd refurb for the same problem....try phone #4....
    LiVe ToDaY LiKe ThErE Is No ToMoRrOw...FoR ThE ZoMbIe ApOcAlYpSe Is UpoN uS..

Anyone else notice the screen flickers on certain darker screens (ex. text)

I had the screen "flicker" on the stock ICS screens. Reloaded Go Launcher and it wasn't there anymore.....so I left Go Launcher on.
    LiVe ToDaY LiKe ThErE Is No ToMoRrOw...FoR ThE ZoMbIe ApOcAlYpSe Is UpoN uS..

Oh - My Bluetooth Headphones do not work like they used to. I still get the sound to come through however the play / pause and next track buttons no longer work over BT. Volume does though - weird. Annoying because I need to turn the phone back on every time I want to pause or go to another track.

The headset jack on my Bionic is now jacked. Doesn't work at all, it always plays out the speaker. I installed an app that let's me manually switch from speaker to headset and when I manually toggle to the headset nothing plays. I've tried a couple of different earphones. Very odd.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by jsmbythebay View Post
    The headset jack on my Bionic is now jacked. Doesn't work at all, it always plays out the speaker. I installed an app that let's me manually switch from speaker to headset and when I manually toggle to the headset nothing plays. I've tried a couple of different earphones. Very odd.
    Try getting in there with a can of air and/or a very thin wooden dowel. The most common cause of this symptom, judging from other posts hereabouts, is pocket lint getting into the jack.

Anyone else have issue with the frequent app group?

Mine doesn't seem to work at all. I just get a list of All apps. I used to be able the use the recent app view for when I was jumping back and forth between 2 or 3 apps. Now I have to scroll the whole list or search every time.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Frequent apps in the app drawer is different from the multitasking feature, which is accessed by pressing and holding the Home button. That should produce a haptic thump followed by a list of the apps currently in memory (and, in some cases, actually processing -- browsers will, for example, generally continue loading the current page while running in the background). Those apps can be shut down by tossing them off to the right or left, or selected by tapping them.

Does anyone know how to uninstall the update? I hate it. My phone freezes up all the time and does its own thing. And they stripped me from toggling back to 3G. I cant stand the 4G. It doesnt catch everywhere and basically i'm stuck with no service. They want to get everybody off the 3G and are trying to force it but its more stable than the 4G IMHO. But I just want it off and to roll back to the old one. Any ideas? I want to root it actually. But I havent found any info yet. Let me know if you know how to flash back or where i can download the old update. Mucho Thanks!
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 808root View Post
    Does anyone know how to uninstall the update? I hate it. My phone freezes up all the time and does its own thing. And they stripped me from toggling back to 3G. I cant stand the 4G. It doesnt catch everywhere and basically i'm stuck with no service. They want to get everybody off the 3G and are trying to force it but its more stable than the 4G IMHO. But I just want it off and to roll back to the old one. Any ideas? I want to root it actually. But I havent found any info yet. Let me know if you know how to flash back or where i can download the old update. Mucho Thanks!
    You can't flash back to Gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

True, you cant go back to GB once on the OTA ICS. The good news is there are toggle apps for turning 4G off on Google Play. LTE OnOff seems to be a popular one and does work on the Bionic. Just keep in mind that rebooting the phone resets the setting and will have to turn 4G off again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast