Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Default Re: Quirks with the new ICS update, Droid Bionic

In GB, with the Contacts Widget, the one where there are 24 boxes and you can put your choice of people into the boxes to call, you could designate which number to call as the default. I can't find a way to do this in the ICS version of this widget.

I have set certain numbers to be the "default" number within the People App for each particular contact, but when I select a contact to call in the widget, it comes up with a screen showing all of the contact's phone numbers and then I have to select the number to call from there. Very annoying to do when walking, driving, etc when I used to just tap on the person's image in the grid and it would dial the default number.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

In People, pull up the person in question, press and hold on the number you want, then select Set default.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Refugee View Post
    In People, pull up the person in question, press and hold on the nu
    mber you want, then select Set default.
    That's what I did but still the default number is not auto selected in the widget requiring me to make the selection manually.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

In that case, I'd go to the Widgets section of the Apps drawer, press and hold the Direct Dial widget, then drag it to the desktop. You'll be prompted, not simply for the contact, but for the specific number you wish to dial. Then it's one tap to dial that number.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Refugee View Post
    In that case, I'd go to the Widgets section of the Apps drawer, press and hold the Direct Dial widget, then drag it to the desktop. You'll be prompted, not simply for the contact, but for the specific number you wish to dial. Then it's one tap to dial that number.
    Thanks, but I am trying to get the Favorite Contacts widget to work as it did under GB. Maybe it just can't be done. Too bad. Really makes it unusable as is.

ROM
    Rooted Stock .246

I've been having a strange issue that didn't arise until after the ICS update:

Whenever my phone is charging, I can't really use it. Either it lags worse than the HTC G1 with ICS, or the screen shows multiple touches when I'm only using one finger (I have Show Touches enabled in the Developer Options). It's really annoying, especially when I get home from work with about 10% battery. I want to catch up on my RSS feeds, but it simply won't function unless I unplug it. If I unplug it, it'll die. Very annoying.

Also, same audio issue. I might be filing an insurance claim in a few days. Sure hope I don't get stuck with a RAZR Maxx or anything like that. Would prefer the GNex if possible. :P

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

I seem to get most things working ok again. My biggest issue is battery drain! I lose 20-30 pct an hour. When I check to see the biggest culprit it is the Android OS.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psychofox13 View Post
    I've been having a strange issue that didn't arise until after the ICS update:

Whenever my phone is charging, I can't really use it. Either it lags worse than the HTC G1 with ICS, or the screen shows multiple touches when I'm only using one finger (I have Show Touches enabled in the Developer Options). It's really annoying, especially when I get home from work with about 10% battery. I want to catch up on my RSS feeds, but it simply won't function unless I unplug it. If I unplug it, it'll die. Very annoying.

Also, same audio issue. I might be filing an insurance claim in a few days. Sure hope I don't get stuck with a RAZR Maxx or anything like that. Would prefer the GNex if possible. :P
    You get stuck with a Razr Maxx send it to me, I'll be happy to set you back up with a pristine 5 slot Bionic. I'll even leave it rooted for ya.

Angry Re: Quirks with the new ICS update, Droid Bionic

i lost that and my vibration on my phone it dont vibrate which is very anoyying

I tried the 4G/3G toggle apps, and they will force 3G, but I can't get back to 4G. Tried a reboot, even pulled the battery. Tried all the options in the Preferred Network Type, but none would regain 4G. In fact some would not get any data, and some would not allow phone calls. Anyone know how to regain 4G without going into Recovery? If I clear the cache partition, will that help?

The preferred network should be set to LTE/CDMA/EvDo, or at least that is what mine is set to.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123