Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS Update won't install

My rooted Droid bionic wont update to ICS. It downloads fine, but fail 1/3 of the way through while updating it fails. I have factory reset both through the settings and recover and it still won't work. After restoring the phone still is rooted and has my previous wallpaper. Any way I can fully reset the phone? It is running stock gingerbread.

Thanks,
    Jack
    mwyarm likes this.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS Update won't install

I have the same problem... Any ideas?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I have the same issue - 905 stock with root. I tried 3 times with a restart of the phone between one of the 3 tries to no avail. I installed Bootstrap Recovery but I have never used it to install anything so I am wondering if this application causes a failure? Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I found the solution for me. I flashed 905 with RDS Lite and then ran the update. Once done, I rooted and restored everything with titanium backup. ICS is sweet! Here is what I used:
    http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-...5-rsdlite.html I downloaded the stock 905

Did you use the stock or modified 905 FXZ? Was your Titanium backup stored on the external sd-card or somewhere else? Thanks!

Mike
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I used stock 905. I stored my Titanium backup on my 32gb SD card, and removed the card during the RDS Lite flashing. I also back up the Titanium backup to my computer just to be safe.

Thanks! Exactly what I'm about to do.

This method did not work for me i still get about 1/3 the way through then it fails. Any suggestions?
    I used the original 905 my rsd is up to date and i have all the drivers installed. This is kind of irritating considered I had to reset it entirely I have made a titanium backup but its still frustrating that it was all for nothing.
    Input please and thank you