Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No sounds for notifications or alarms...

I haven't seen this in other threads, so I'm wondering if my issue is unique.

The notifications will pop up like they're supposed to, but with no sound. When I go to settings to adjust the volume, it freezes and FC's. Any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: No sounds for notifications or alarms...

I used Volume + to turn notification sounds up, but nothing actually changed.

I've noticed the volume controls aren't right too. Alarm Clock Xtreme used to work fine on GB, but now seems tied to the ringer volume and doesn't sound if phone on silent and sometimes even with all volumes at max. I thought it was an app issue, but now some of my games won't play media sound even with volumes up. I have to go to the home screen and press volume up until I hear the "test beep" sound for ringer volume. Even if ringer is already max, it takes a few tries before I hear the beep. Once I do, I can hear the games again.

Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be an issue to me. Especially the alarm.
    Ln13 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Are you able to set ringtones? My phone force closes if i try.

Yip, ringtones set fine. I only have issues with the volume itself.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Sounds like you should be doing a factory reset to fix those force close issues. Something isn't right.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I've noticed the volume controls aren't right too. Alarm Clock Xtreme used to work fine on GB, but now seems tied to the ringer volume and doesn't sound if phone on silent and sometimes even with all volumes at max. I thought it was an app issue, but now some of my games won't play media sound even with volumes up. I have to go to the home screen and press volume up until I hear the "test beep" sound for ringer volume. Even if ringer is already max, it takes a few tries before I hear the beep. Once I do, I can hear the games again.

Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be an issue to me. Especially the alarm.
    I did factory reset my phone and went through the hassle of reinstalling a lot of apps that I used and left a good amount off that I didn't use.

I did reinstall alarm clock extreme and it seems to work without any issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, back to point out something that has happened the last two nights. A little right before bed I check my alarm to make sure it's set and for some reason I decided to check sounds after seeing an email pop up in notification bar that I have a sound set to trigger when it comes in. Nothing played. Tried playing music with multi apps. Nothing. Checked my volume settings. All looked normal. Rebooted my phone and the sound came back...

About 30 minutes before this, I was playing music through a Bluetooth connected speaker. Not sure if that is some kind of coincidence that maybe the hand off of sounds back to the speaker on the phone or something isn't quite right.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back again... This morning the alarm woke me up because of the screen light going on and no sound.

So I really think this has to do with Bluetooth. I disabled my Bluetooth to try and conserve as much battery as I could while the power went out during the storm and had not turned it back on. After I got up and started to nose around the setting a bit and play some music with no sound, i turned my Bluetooth back on, and sounds came back. The Bluetooth did not connect to anything, but just turned it on.

Quote Originally Posted by brnscofrnld View Post
    Back again... This morning the alarm woke me up because of the screen light going on and no sound.

So I really think this has to do with Bluetooth. I disabled my Bluetooth to try and conserve as much battery as I could while the power went out during the storm and had not turned it back on. After I got up and started to nose around the setting a bit and play some music with no sound, i turned my Bluetooth back on, and sounds came back. The Bluetooth did not connect to anything, but just turned it on.
    This has happened to me a couple times as well, but I have not used bluetooth since the ICS update. I do, however, plug/unplug headphones/speakers a few times a day. I had a thought this morning that next time it happens to check in the sounds menu to see if maybe it still showed as being wired connected... but it hasn't happened again since I thought about that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

An app called SoundAbout may help with that issue, but I am finding more people that have this issue with Bionics. The use Bluetooth media and then disconnect the Bluetooth device and the audio will not revert back to the built in speaker.
    Last edited by woodslink; 11-20-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I have a simular issue. No sound on either email or text messages when screensave goes to sleep. When I come back in it seems like 4G is off and comes back in in a few seconds.
    I tried cache clear. Fearful of Fact reboot

Hi there... I'm new here. Just got my first android phone : S advance. Just wanna ask you guys, why my phone didn't make any sound in the morning (alarm/notification) ? The time was set okay..but when I edit to another time it sounds as usual. Actually I was not asleep when I detected it did ring (I woke up earlier than the alarm time set in order to make sure it works as set up). Will it be sleep automatically when idle for a long time? Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thank you.

There is an option called Blocking Mode under settings. Go through it and it will all make sense. It is to stop unwanted calls waking you up at 3am and you choose the time period and whether it allows contacts / certain numbers / no numbers to reach you. Neat huh?