Bionic Battery died during ICS update/media database update... now no ring/sounds

lectric1

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery died during the +/-1 hour install of ICS yesterday, now my phone will not ring, I cannot listen to music, I have no notification sounds, no alarm clock....

Whenever I try to access my music through My Music, it locks up. It also locks up when I try to set a new ringotone through the settings menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I suggest you find the leaked SBF and flash it.

But please make sure your phone is fully charged before doing that.

DeeLove1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
keep it simple. my phone was not rooted so i don't know if this applies.. but my ics download locked up on media update... some here said fight the urge and let it finish and it took over an hour, some two hours, I didn't wait , I pulled the battery. ICS booted right up, but with a few glitches like not being able to change ringtones. I had to do a factory reset and ICS is working fine. I didn't have to re-download the update, just a factory reset and everything works. Wait and do the update when you have a strong WI_Fi signal, I saw thatsomeone did it on a bus. Next, plug the phone in, it will drain the battery down. And don't expect to use the phone for the next hour or two. So the best bet is to do it at home.. back-up pictures and music.. factory reboot before update to get the phone clean and ready, then download the update, you shouldn't have a problem.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
keep it simple. my phone was not rooted so i don't know if this applies.. but my ics download locked up on media update... some here said fight the urge and let it finish and it took over an hour, some two hours, I didn't wait , I pulled the battery. ICS booted right up, but with a few glitches like not being able to change ringtones. I had to do a factory reset and ICS is working fine. I didn't have to re-download the update, just a factory reset and everything works. Wait and do the update when you have a strong WI_Fi signal, I saw thatsomeone did it on a bus. Next, plug the phone in, it will drain the battery down. And don't expect to use the phone for the next hour or two. So the best bet is to do it at home.. back-up pictures and music.. factory reboot before update to get the phone clean and ready, then download the update, you shouldn't have a problem.

..sometimes (a lot of times) Verizon's 4G LTE is faster than a person's home internet. ;)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't reset/reinstall just yet. You can manually re-scan media and it's simple check out https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cf07acdc3a

Thanks to vleasher for finding and posting this in the other thread about missing media. Only drawbacks I found are you have to rebuild any custom playlists, and some of my album art pics are no longer associated with their respective tracks.

suzieqtk

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the EXACT same problem with my Bionic after ICS. A few different issues. The one you describe go here on the forum https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cf07acdc3a
although it's for the Xoom it works perfectly on the Bionic!!! All my pictures music, ring tones with ring sound is back. I bet so is the Alarm. Now if I could just fix the battery drain issue. Using 4 G switch worked a little but still significantly draining.