FoxFi won't work after upate

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i got my nexus 7 to connect up to the bionic without fuss. my laptop however, is not getting an internet connection thru the bionic

stock Bionic. ICS

EDIT: I normally use intel pro set to manage my laptop's connectivity. after switching back to letting windows manage connectivity i managed to get a stable connection to the internet (as I type this) using Foxfi. it took about a minute and a half to two minutes for the connection to stabilize.

Last edited:

MikeQMM

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Fox Fi causes my Bionic to stall saying that it is connecting. Nothing happens. Then the only way to get it out of that mode is to take the battery out.

azblondie

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems as well. I get the message 'Wifi mode has failed on your phone. Please use Bluetooth mode instead'. I can usually get it to work immediately after a power-down and restart, but that is a pain! Based on what little I've been able to find, I can only get my iPad to work in Bluetooth mode if I jailbreak it. So unless I can find a fix before too long, I will either be rooting my bionic or jail breaking my iPad...

narok90

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with foxfi when I installed leak 232...

All you have to do is rename your hot spot name to something else besides what you have it named now. ... Then reboot your phone... Make sure your wifi is on then turn on foxfi....

The key to all of this is renaming the hot spot name. And REBOOT your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

azblondie

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks -I will try that! I did try a battery pull, then rename the hotspot (reverse order you are suggesting) but did not have wifi on. I will definitely report back. thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user