SIM card swapping question!:)

leeb0324

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Droid Bionic. (Verizon)
I was wondering if i could just simply pull out the SIM card out of the Bionic and put in into
other Smartphones.
I've heard that it works with Rezound and TB what else? (Such as Galaxy Nexus)
If i buy a used device will it work if i put my SIM card into it?( Does it need to be ESN clean or Unlocked?)

Thank you!

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe the sim card contains your info and phone number along with some other stuff. You can pop it out and stick it in another phone. It won't fit in a RAZR because the one in the bionic is larger. When they replaced my bionic with the razr they had to send a new sim card if they were the same size I could have used the sim card that was in my bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've also heard if you put the sim in a 3g phone it will work but if you then put it back into a 4g it wont work in 4g anymore or something like that? It was something I read somewhere on the net so its gotta be true lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've also heard if you put the sim in a 3g phone it will work but if you then put it back into a 4g it wont work in 4g anymore or something like that? It was something I read somewhere on the net so its gotta be true lol.

In a 3G CDMA Verizon phone? They don't use SIMs.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like I said it was something I had read, dont know much about it was just trying to help out. Thought my old blackberry had a sim card though.

SIM cardson Verizon phones came on world phones for GSM roaming.

chefknife

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
i had a droid razr and it broke i had no insurance so i down-graded and got a used R2D2 droid 2 off the internet {which doesn't use a sim card},,, i saved up some cash and wanna get a galaxy note 2 and wanna know if i can put my micro sim card from the razr in the note will it work? all phones and sim card are verizon :confused: i will probably have to unregister the droid 2 at a verizon store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan