ICS update - email widget will not stay on desktop

jmajacobs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have three email widgets - QOWA, Email (for earthlink email) and Gmail. My QOWA and Gmail shortcuts (widgets?) were present on my phone after the ICS update but the email was gone. The account is still set up and I can synch messages (or so it seems). But when I hold and drag the icon onto the desktop where it used to be, it just vanishes. And I'm not getting notifications of new emails even though the account is set to check every 15 minutes. When I go to app info, it appears that the account is still there with the appropriate icon. It's email version 4.4.458. I believe this was the default non-Gmail email app that came with the original OS. Do I need a different email client perhaps?

jmajacobs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
OK - here's what was happening. The email now has a larger look with a snapshot of the latest messages below the icon. That made it too big to fit in a standard desktop bucket. When I tried to place it on a page with more open space, it took. Now I need to figure out how to adjust the icon and the dynamic display. It sucked my battery to nothing in the time it took me to drive to work.