after ICS update battery life is worse than ithas ever been

Caboose301

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
After having the update for one day I can tell that its just horrible. It might be the area that I'm in, I go from 4g to 3g alot. Today was the worst. All I have used was facebook, instagram and alot of texting and I'm at 10% after 8 hours. I ordered a new battery so I hope this fixes it. But is anyone else having the same problem?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is the same for me after giving my phone time to settle into ICS.

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was terrible too (OEM extended battery specifically). It didn't seem much better after the cache wipe. I'm now on my second power cycle after cache wipe, and it does seem to be settling down more and giving me longer life. I noticed in the last power cycle that my reception was worse than ever, but just one charge cycle later it looks vastly improved.

I'm currently at 28% battery remaining after 37.5 hours (last cycle, I was at 1% after 36 hours). Signal reception looks much better. Screen display time is only 20 minutes less right now than it was at 1%.

Seems as though ICS settles in just a little bit at a time, so it may take another week or two before true consistent results appear.

CrewF24

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It took a factory default reset for my Bionic to stabilize and the battery life to get back to normal. on the moto site, there are many people saying it takes several days for the phone to settle down and have all the changes get worked in. I waited 3.5 days before i finally did the FDR, ever since the phone has been solid.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It took a factory default reset for my Bionic to stabilize and the battery life to get back to normal. on the moto site, there are many people saying it takes several days for the phone to settle down and have all the changes get worked in. I waited 3.5 days before i finally did the FDR, ever since the phone has been solid.

How soon after the reset? Or was it good immediately?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
that's not the info i wanted to hear. :) I HATE resets. already been through several, as well as two replacement phones since I bought a bionic.

danlayman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time understanding why a phone would need to " settle in "to a new OS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a hard time understanding why a phone would need to " settle in "to a new OS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

LOL I used to hear that mantra over and over, at Crackberry.com. I never believed it, as I never experienced it with my own equipment. I don't dare claim emphatically that it's BS because people will get angry, as they believe in it. whatever.