After ICS, touchscreen is slow.....

Phaze

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
After the ICS update, my Bionic is extremely slow to react to touch when I try to launch anything on the screen, I have to wait and wait and wait or press multiple times. Opening the stock text app takes so long to launch and opening any camera (stock or app) takes forever.

Worked fine prior to update.

Anyone else have this issue?

danrenfroe2016

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Wait a while (like a day) it will get much faster. Then restart. Mine was very slow to start... now its way faster than the gb ever was.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Phaze

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I updated the first day and now it's crashing apps more than ever. Some apps are open in the background crashing, like the App store when I'm on Twitter. This is ridiculous. I'm really starting to hate this phone. Thanks, Motorola......

usmcsilver

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine sucks, too.

The lag time reminds me of 486x days.

I'm beginning to hate that thing more and more.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab via Tapatalk2

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I did the battery pull where you wait a few minutes...that helped. I'm noticing that I use BeyondPod as my podcast app and use MX Video player for the external video player (I llike it's controls better than the internal player). The more I start and stop MX the laggier the screen gets, especially within MX and within BeyondPod...although the phone in general gets slower.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm noticing that it is worse on certain apps. The phone app is horrendously slow. It takes forever to dial out. I dialed someone (had to enter the number manually because it wouldn't pull up my contacts) and it literally took 4 minutes for the phone to dial. I dial, hit call and then wait and wait and wait. I like the functionality of the new OS, but the lagging performance is frustrating. I've swapped the battery many, many times. So, that didn't fix it.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
How many processes are currently running, and how much RAM is currently in use? (Apps / menu button / Manage Apps / Running and the RAM display at the bottom of the screen). For comparison, my phone is clicking along nicely with 22 processes running, 582 MB of RAM used and 258 MB free.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
748 MB used, 119 MB free, 20+ apps running (keeps changing as I try to count). This is one frustration with Android, having to kill tasks that I didn't start. There are apps that I use, but not all the time. It would be nice if they only ran when necessary, especially the games. Games don't need to run all the time, just when I want to play them.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Is any of the stuff that is currently running the sort of thing that you don't want to run at all (in which case you can just disable it), or is it just running at an inappropriate time (in which case you can use Android Assistant or some such to keep it from running at startup)?

krikirk

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
My phone is the same way. One week now and it takes about 45 - 60 seconds to open my camera. Lots of apps are not responding including Dolphin Browser and Google Play. I think this is an evil way of getting us to hate our phones so we'll buy new ones. I know I'm starting to hate mine...

danrenfroe2016

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is lightning fast. I factory reset a few days and only left a few apps on before the upgrade hit. Uninstall all your apps. (Backup where appropriate) and factory reset with flash card and all reformat. If all goes well... u will love it.

Note: make sure chrome isn't running as it does have major bugs still.

OHBULLET

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't even get the motorola dual core logo when the phone starts up even after a regular factory reset how would I go about doing a factory reset with flash card and reformat

vegasvampire666

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed some wonky behavior on my bionic since the update. I've had times when the touch screen doesnt respond. Or I've had some apps take forever to load up.Or times when the screen doesnt tilt when I tilt the phone. Or times when my battery died after only 4-6 hours. I work with computers and machines with computer boards everyday. I am a big fan of the re-boot. Sometimes simply turning a device off and then back on does wonders! Since the update, whenever my bionic gets wonky, I RE-BOOT. It has helped my phone so far, and the wonkiness seems to be going away. The battery is also starting to last longer and my frustration levels have gone down. Some people might roll their eyes at this, but I have yet to meet an IT guy who hasnt used this simple yet effective trick...Glitches be thinking too much! LOL

pinero24

May 12, 2010
Visit site
i know this is old but i too have had major issues with ICS, even worse i was running the leaked version up until a month ago then all the problems started to i went back to stock and got the offical release and to my surprise its even worse. i cant even listen to music on my phone because it skips....add moto to the list of android phone makers that cant get it right going back to HTC or dare i say apple after this disaster

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
i know this is old but i too have had major issues with ICS, even worse i was running the leaked version up until a month ago then all the problems started to i went back to stock and got the offical release and to my surprise its even worse. i cant even listen to music on my phone because it skips....add moto to the list of android phone makers that cant get it right going back to HTC or dare i say apple after this disaster

Mine seems to work ok. Whenever I feel any lag I just restart the phone and it usually takes care of that. Did you do any factory resets? I'm sure you have, but it might be a good idea to do if you haven't. After the upgrade to ICS I did a reset and it fixed everything. Just an idea. On a side note, I see many of the AC writers are using the HTC One as their phone right now. Probably a good sign if they like that phone. Hopefully it'll come to Verizon some way or another.