Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By knickfan1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default ringtone assignment overrides Contact's ringtones.

I assigned a few ringtones (songs) to some contacts. calls received rang with those tones. later on, I assigned a song as the Default Ringtone. Doing that wiped out all the assigned ones so that those contacts ring with the default ringtone. Isn't that kinda dumb? Or am I the dummy? Shouldn't I be able to change the default ringtone without wiping out all the custom ones??
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

ROM
    .246 ICS

Default Re: Default ringtone assignment overrides Contact's ringtones.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    I assigned a few ringtones (songs) to some contacts. calls received rang with those tones. later on, I assigned a song as the Default Ringtone. Doing that wiped out all the assigned ones so that those contacts ring with the default ringtone. Isn't that kinda dumb? Or am I the dummy? Shouldn't I be able to change the default ringtone without wiping out all the custom ones??
    I know happened to me too. I learned to set 'global' ringtone first then individual ones. Maybe the global shouldn't affect the others but apparently that's the way they set it up. Oh well :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Default ringtone assignment overrides Contact's ringtones.

Same problem here.
    My contact ringtones don't work. I set it fine. When I go into the contact it shows the tone I've chosen, but when it rings the default ringtone is all you hear. I've found many forums with others complaining about it, but no fix. So again I say grrrrrrr. And while I'm complaining, although i have auto correct and auto cap set, i will not convert to cap unless i go back and do it. I'm still getting those 6250 texts from Verizon. So far ice cream sandwich sucks.
    Thanked by:
    1812dave likes this.