Stuck on "Droid" logo on ICS

azientar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here's (I think) a new one for you. My phone was working great on ICS until one of my housemates bumped it off the couch it was sitting on. The battery came out but it wasn't a very far drop. A powered my phone back on and now all I get is a boot loop where the motorola logo shows up (except it doesn't say dual core under it, just the logo). Then the droid logo comes up on the screen and hangs there (i've left it up over night even). I'm assuming that there was something updating when the battery got taken out of the phone and i've read of one other person who has had my problem but no one really answered him. Force rebooting works, i've been able to get into recovery menu and clear the cache and data. None of that has worked. Should I flash a version of ICS to my phone?
Should I use AP boot or BP SBF boot? I'm new to this but have reasonable tech skills.

Thanks,

azientar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I followed the instructions correctly I believe. When it boots up it shows the android logo and loads the update and after it restarts it starts right back up and hangs on the "Droid" logo again.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
As WebOS said, it's not an update and therefore you should not see the android. Go here to read SamuriHL's comments about the latest HOB using the 246 FXZ.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4026-samurihls-house-of-bionic/page__st__2100

I think you need to try again, making sure you are using the FXZ and not an update file. FXZ should recover your phone if the file is good and installed correctly. As Sam says, FXZ is *always* better.

Edit: Just saw your posts on droidrzr, azientar. Sorry about your troubles, didn't mean to come off sounding a little 'holier than thou.' I hope you can recover your phone, if anybody can help you Sam can. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc