- 5 Posts
front camera with artifacts distortion pixelated
Anyone have issues with the front facing camera post-ICS update? Pictures from the front facing camera were in low res, but now they are low res and have distorted lines (more than pixelation) that basically make it unusable.
I reset the Motorola Bionic to factory settings and problem still remains.
I searched Google and the forums and found nothing. Attached a photo.
- 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM #2
- 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM #3
- 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM #4
- 11-06-2012, 06:20 PM #5
Re: front camera with artifacts distortion pixelated
I've seen that type of corruption before. Your camera chip is is not functioning correctly.
If your phone is room temperature, do you still have that corruption?
In either case (whether it only shows up when your phone is really hot (from having been on a fast charger or after a long CPU+GPU intensive gaming session) or really cold), your front camera is effectively busted.
It's possible that it might go away after a reboot - assuming the drivers are borked... but I'm assuming you've already rebooted your phone a bunch of times already.
- By Rev2010 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 25Last Post: 12-28-2015, 04:08 AM
- By androidtuan in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 10Last Post: 09-21-2011, 08:29 AM
- By Scottyb in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 4Last Post: 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM
- By emg75189 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:03 PM
- By Carioca_FL in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2010, 08:12 AM