Lost Native Android Contacts Widget

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Somehow, either as a result of or after upgrading to ICS, I lost the native Android Contacts widget on the home page and in apps. I can find it in the widgets list, but I can't place it on a home page. Any ideas. Thanks.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Locate in the widgets list (which is now separate from the rest of the apps -- look at the top of the screen where you'll see the apps menu on the left and the widgets menu on the right). Press and hold. Drag widget where you want it, then drop it there.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, not trying to sound degrading or anything, but you know that what was called Contacts is now called People. See if you have that in the app drawer. That's where your contacts are. The contact widget as far as I know is for placing a specific person for quick contacting via phone/text on your homepage. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I didn't know that, and you were not at all degrading. Heaven forfend that they keep consistent in their terminology. Thanks. Am I correct in noticing there is now no "contacts" or "People" tab in the dialer, or did I do something wrong there, too?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I didn't know that, and you were not at all degrading. Heaven forfend that they keep consistent in their terminology. Thanks. Am I correct in noticing there is now no "contacts" or "People" tab in the dialer, or did I do something wrong there, too?

It's not that you did anything wrong at all...just takes time to learn how things have changed or have been re-arranged...there are ways to get to Contacts/People, but it takes some digging.

With your Dialer open, have you tapped on the "Recent" and "Favorites" tabs?

'Recent' seems kinda of simplistic till you dig a little deeper...the Menu button brings up some good tools and tapping on the '+' sign and the Search magnifying glass offer more.

The 'Favorite' tab also offer similar Menu, '+' and Search tools.

Enjoy!

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
At the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, not all change is good. I am forced to wonder what improvement in operation changing "Contacts" to "People" engendered. Or why I can no longer just scroll through my entire list of contacts, I mean people, which i can do one-handed as opposed to having to search. Anyway, I really do appreciate your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa