1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default droid 4.0.4 upgrade today and I'm pulling my hair out -- contacts a mess!

Hi All,
    I hope someone can help me. After the upgrade this morning (which by the way killed my battery after only 6 hours), my contacts are a mess. I have both personal and work contacts syncing to my phone and when I look into People or Contacts folders it's giving me all 10k contacts. All I want is phone number contacts to display on my phone. I already have access to the email addresses through my gmail account and scrolling or having to look for them is not what I need. I also have some that were starred in the old system and there doesn't seem to be a way to lump them together or search for them either......I was able to filter out email addresses and have the display only show phone numbers in the old system. I can't figure out how to make sense of this mess. Any advice or suggestions would be extremely helpful.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to get rid of that stupid head that shows up when someone is calling?
    AND (LOL)
    is there a one touch answering shortcut -- the having to press buttons twice is such a PITA!

Thanks again and any tips/tricks/apps welcome. I would also entertain going back to the old system....
    droid bionic now with a melted soggy mess ice cream sandwich 4.0.4
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Default Re: droid 4.0.4 upgrade today and I'm pulling my hair out -- contacts a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by dria7321 View Post
    Hi All,
    I hope someone can help me. After the upgrade this morning (which by the way killed my battery after only 6 hours), my contacts are a mess. I have both personal and work contacts syncing to my phone and when I look into People or Contacts folders it's giving me all 10k contacts. All I want is phone number contacts to display on my phone. I already have access to the email addresses through my gmail account and scrolling or having to look for them is not what I need. I also have some that were starred in the old system and there doesn't seem to be a way to lump them together or search for them either......I was able to filter out email addresses and have the display only show phone numbers in the old system. I can't figure out how to make sense of this mess. Any advice or suggestions would be extremely helpful.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to get rid of that stupid head that shows up when someone is calling?
    AND (LOL)
    is there a one touch answering shortcut -- the having to press buttons twice is such a PITA!

Thanks again and any tips/tricks/apps welcome. I would also entertain going back to the old system....
    droid bionic now with a melted soggy mess ice cream sandwich 4.0.4
    You can't go back to Gingerbread.

Not sure if you've solved your contact filtering issue. ...
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Default Re: droid 4.0.4 upgrade today and I'm pulling my hair out -- contacts a mess!

What do you see under People / [Menu button] / Contacts to display?