Alternative to stock keyboard

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the stock keyboard since updating to ICS and it is extremely sensitive. I am constantly sending mis-spelled texts, emails, etc or taking a lot of time going back and correcting. Is there a sensitivity setting on it or do I need to download and install a keyboard app that has one? Thanks!

jrowe

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am can't speak to the stock keyboard issue but if you download a replacement keyboard I highly recommend SwiftKey; I use it on my bionic and nexus 7.

I've tried tons of other keyboards including Swype, adaptex, and others and always come back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MsRed

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am can't speak to the stock keyboard issue but if you download a replacement keyboard I highly recommend SwiftKey; I use it on my bionic and nexus 7.

I've tried tons of other keyboards including Swype, adaptex, and others and always come back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I'll add my endorsement for SwiftKey. I gave it a trial run and ended up buying.

StaticVoid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
+1 for SwiftKey. Only a few days into using the trial but I fully intend on buying the full version after my month is up.

It's refreshing to have a keyboard that actually knows what I'm trying to type when I'm speeding along and I misspell words. I'm still getting used to it guessing what I want to say next after a period but that will come with time.

I'm coming from Swype if that means anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
+1 for SwiftKey. Only a few days into using the trial but I fully intend on buying the full version after my month is up.

It's refreshing to have a keyboard that actually knows what I'm trying to type when I'm speeding along and I misspell words. I'm still getting used to it guessing what I want to say next after a period but that will come with time.

I'm coming from Swype if that means anything.

Swiftkey is currently beta-testing a Swype-like keyboard called Swiftkey Flow, which uses the same Swiftkey prediction engine, though allows the tracing of words without lifting your finger through the keyboard, as Swype does. It may be worth a try if you like Swype.

SwiftKey Flow Beta Available for Download