What's coming next?

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
As many of you on this forum did, I bought the Bionic on day one. While I'm very happy with it still, I'm starting to think about what is next. We have a bunch of new phones hitting now, but they will all be old news in May when many of us will be ready to upgrade again. So, what are your thoughts on the matter? I personally like Moto, and always have. They just seem to build a solid phone, and now that they are close to stock Android, I like them more. None of this super skinned nonsense. I think all that just makes things more confusing. Will Moto be putting out new Intel phones? How will they perform in comparison to other phones with more traditional smart phone processors? Again, what are your thoughts? I'm starting to get new phone fever. ;)

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So far everything I'm seeing in the hardware arena is more of the same: faster processors, better screens, bigger screens, even-bigger-than-that screens. VoLTE will be a major inflection point when they finally get that into production, dropping CDMA altogether will be another inflection point (we have got to quit packing all of those power-hungry radios in there!). Somewhere along the way somebody will botch a product release on what would otherwise have been the One Phone To Rule Them All, and I'll pick it up at a throwaway price, just like I did the Bionic. Until then, the Bionic will do fine.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to go with the Galaxy S4. My wife has the S3 and it's a solid phone. One of the most popular handsets to date. The S4 looks like it may come our right around the same time as I'm up for a renewal (May).

I had a Samsung Phone before and Really liked the way it felt (still have it for a backup). I have big fingers, so I need alot of real estate on the keyboard. Galaxy seems to be the best fit.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm really interested in VoLTE as well. The phone that comes out with that will probably be a beast of a phone too. Well, unless it's like the Thunderbolt was the first phone with LTE...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to miss my Lapdock, but when it's time to upgrade, it'll be to a phone similar to the current DROID RAZR M. I just love that size.

Hopefully, Motorola sources a better camera. I'd want something that takes pictures as well as the current Galaxy S III.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums