stock email app not working for aol.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
what's the trick. i've got .246 installed. and it was .232 i think it was before.

but i haven't had the email app working since .232.

on .232 it wouldn't work at all.

on .246 it says can't authenticate password. yet it pulls some EARLIER emails. and that's as far as it goes. no email with in the last 3 weeks will pull down.

is there a trick? i've had to use an app called exmail just to receive my email since i can't get the stock app to work anymore. i use it for my aol email.

the gmail stock app works just fine.

i haven't seen anyone else posting on here about it not working. am i the only one?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol people are messing with you, those are really old search engines. Trying to say AOL is really old... Anyhoo, how are you trying to set up your mail?

sent from my icy bionic

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i know they are old search engines. but i have no plans to switch my email after having it for 15 years. (personal reasons)

the acccount is set up. it just isn't working anymore. since .232.

pulls down some email from 3 weeks prior to phone software being reloaded. but nothing since.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I would try either deleting it and adding it back in, or you can try something like MailDroid. Ive used it for years with my yahoo acct, it rocks.

sent from my icy bionic

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
already tried the delete and re add with 232. that didn't work.

i'll try this mail droid though.

like i stated above. i've been using exmail in place of the stock app. it's not bad but could defenitly use some improvement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX