Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio jack not consistently working

Just today whenever I plug in headphones I can't hear the music that's playing. Same thing when I plug an auxiliary cable from my head unit in the car to my phone. The music just plays through the phones speakers. It's almost like headphone jack or whatever it's called doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I have turned my phone on and off, thinking that since I never turn it off that might do the trick, but it didn't.

Default Re: Can't hear audio in headphones or via auxilliary cable in car

You may want to check the jack, many people have had pocket lint get down into the jack and cause problems. Most use a paper clip to clean it out or something of that nature.
    Good luck.
    Droid Maxx

US Navy CPO Ret

Yeah, the pocket lint is a big, well known issue for these phones. Doesn't take much to interfere with the jack.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Welp, this problem has just kept getting worse and worse. Look for lint and stuff with a paperclip but found nothing. Now when I plug in anything, I have to do it numerous times and then sometimes even turn what I plugged in to a certain point in order to hear anything. Quite frustrating, and I'm just about sick of it.

I don't even what if I'd be able to get a replacement or something. Can anyone shed any light that matter?

I was able to get a warranty replacement for mine when it was just pocket lint. I didn't know that was the cause at the time, and told them the jack wasn't working. Only they sent me a refurb (as usual), which I promptly sent back without even trying it. Major bad luck with refurbs in general, but soon after I found out about the pocket lint and all was well in the end.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I was able to get a warranty replacement for mine when it was just pocket lint. I didn't know that was the cause at the time, and told them the jack wasn't working. Only they sent me a refurb (as usual), which I promptly sent back without even trying it. Major bad luck with refurbs in general, but soon after I found out about the pocket lint and all was well in the end.
    Hmm..well I rooted my phone a while ago so I assume I wouldn't be able to exchange it for a refurbished one.