What are you waiting for?

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're still using your Bionic as your daily driver like I am, west are you waiting for before you upgrade?

Waiting to renew your contract? Waiting for the next generation of phones?

Personally I'm waiting to see what Motorola turns out when Google is fully at the helm from design start to finish.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Erievon

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
BB10. I like to tell myself I'm just visiting this android world. Truth of the matter is Android has sucked me in pretty deep, so I dunno....

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
BB10. I like to tell myself I'm just visiting this android world. Truth of the matter is Android has sucked me in pretty deep, so I dunno....

+1 for me. But I also am waiting for a super phone since I'd have to give up my unlimited data plan.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I might go for a Note 2 after April, when it appears that the price is scheduled to drop. Or pick up a refurbished unit. Frankly, though, although a bigger screen would be nice, the Bionic is fine for the foreseeable future, so unless I'm able to pick up something in the range of the $30 that I paid for my refurbished Bionic it'll continue to be the daily driver.

The point at which I'll perk up my ears a bit is when VoLTE becomes a reality. Getting rid of CDMA and GSM, consolidating onto a data-centric model, will improve both battery life (by eliminating a radio from the phone) and hopefully also customer flexibility (by making it easier to switch from one carrier to another).

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm on the same path WebOS. My Bionic is going fine, I think I'm waiting for the next evolution in the tech. Everything out there right now seems just incremental.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
because I have two little kids at home and I cannot afford to spend $500 on a phone that will be obsolete in less than two years.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I get that, I'm in the same boat. I was more wondering what kind of specs, upgrade everyone is still waiting for.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I was informed by a few VZW reps that if I make ANY changes to my account, such as but now limited to, upgrading my current device, adding a new device, or even buying a phone off a friend and activating it on my number, that it will take me off my unlimited plan and put me on a share data plan. And since I stream music most of the time because we can't stream at work, looks like I'll be with the Bionic for a while.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
That's mostly true, but do bear in mind that purchasing a phone off contract and activating it on your account won't affect anything.

That means you can still purchase phones full unsubsidized price or buy on the used market. That's the route I'll take to keep unlimited.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
That's mostly true, but do bear in mind that purchasing a phone off contract and activating it on your account won't affect anything.

That means you can still purchase phones full unsubsidized price or buy on the used market. That's the route I'll take to keep unlimited.

True, and also Lee, I was able to move my b-i-l from a feature phone to my old OG Droid with his own 2 Gig data plan without disturbing the Grandfathered Unlimited plans for 3 other lines on the same account...but I was *very* specific with the VZW clerk while we made the move.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for my contract to be up in another year and a half. No telling what plans and phones will be out then. I know if the share plans are still a rip of like they are now, I'll be looking for something unsubsidized to avoid them.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I was informed by a few VZW reps that if I make ANY changes to my account, such as but now limited to, upgrading my current device, adding a new device, or even buying a phone off a friend and activating it on my number, that it will take me off my unlimited plan and put me on a share data plan. And since I stream music moost of the time because we can't stream at work, looks flike I'll be with the Bionic for a while.
FYI..
In the past I have..
Added a new line and phone to my share plan.
Purchased a new phone for an existing line (no discount price)
Changed my shared minutes from 700 to 1400
None of these things has affected my or my wife's unlimited data plan.
But I was told discounted phone = end of unlimited.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for a Moto "nexus" phone. I don't care if it officially has that name or not, but, what I want is a quad core phone, 2 gigs of ram, sdcard slot, giant freaking battery, edge to edge 5" HD screen, unlockable bootloader (deal breaker to not have that...won't do any more locked phones even if it means having to buy a "developer" device), and as little "customization" as possible. IOW, nuke blur. Think this is nuts? The latest rumor off the rumor mill is that Google themselves are involved on the software side for the X phone. neXus phone? :) Moto is doing the hardware, Google is doing the software. If true, you can bet on very quick updates whenever new Android versions come out. At a minimum I require 4.2 so that I can participate in Test Drive, as well. That's my wish list. I'll be going unsubsidized so buying a developer device for unlockable bootloader is fine.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately I've been told by local sales reps, managers and even our corp sales rep (108 devices) that ANY changes I make on my personal account will put me on a share data plan. So I'm not taking any chances.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I've been told by local sales reps, managers and even our corp sales rep (108 devices) that ANY changes I make on my personal account will put me on a share data plan. So I'm not taking any chances.

Lol your vzw reps were lyin to u bro lol. I can't stand Verizon reps. They lie constantly they even told me sprint wasn't really unlimited smh

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Basically as long as what u do on yo plan require u to extend yo contract then u don't have to get the shared plans. Actually u can still select the single plans if u ask for it.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(818769)

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Idk how you can wait man haha. I think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade to the razr maxx (original) tomorrow, and keep my unlimited data.

- - - Updated - - -

They're just trying to scare you!

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i'm waiting for my phone to die a slow death. which shouldn't be too much longer now. so i can tell V to kiss my a--. since i pay for insurance to which they will do nothing about.

the phone is discontinued. batteries are discontinued and my 4th sd card has croaked. and i've got 9 months to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084