Bluetooth skipping when streaming audio.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've searched the forums on this and it looks like a Motorola wide issue. Does anyone else have problems streaming audio in your vehicles? I have a Gogroove A2DP to aux connected to my aux port an I keep getting a audio skip or stutter after about a minute. I've tried the other tips from the razr folks about shutting off wifi or turning on airplane mode but nothing has helped. I've also tried my friends LG Optimus G and his streamed perfectly so I know it's not the adapter. Does anyone else have this issue or any fixes?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Well after tinkering for a while and with some help I've figured it out. In case anyone else has a similar set up this is what I've found. My radio has bluetooth handsfree connection (but no A2DP which sucks) so I had my bluetooth connection split. One to the radio for phone only and one to the adapter for music only. I tried turning off the bluetooth to phone controls only and leave the streaming music on and made it through an entire song and into the next with no skips. When I turned the phone feature back on the skipping started again. I guess it's problem solved, I can either stream music and podcasts of have hands free calling. It just sucks that I can't have both connections live at the same time. I'm guessing there just isn't enough bandwidth to run both at the same time? Now I'm wondering if a new phone would solve that probelm.

Lasermn

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My Bionic, running ICS, streams music and keeps phone calls coming in over the factory set-up in my 2011 Toyota. I would think I would experience this skipping if all Motorola phones have this issue.

matthelm007

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a phone issue, but a Bluetooth "issue". It was never designed to work with 2 devices at the same time. Some devices can switch (normally the receiver, not phones). So you can have a media device, and a phone hook to 1 "speaker/headset", but even that feature is few and far between, but becoming more common.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly right. I was one model year off on my truck to get that. I was trying to find a way around buying a $1200 dollar unit on a 3 year old vehicle. I've come to find out the Dodge mygig units are becoming more trouble then they're worth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12