Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth skipping when streaming audio.

I've searched the forums on this and it looks like a Motorola wide issue. Does anyone else have problems streaming audio in your vehicles? I have a Gogroove A2DP to aux connected to my aux port an I keep getting a audio skip or stutter after about a minute. I've tried the other tips from the razr folks about shutting off wifi or turning on airplane mode but nothing has helped. I've also tried my friends LG Optimus G and his streamed perfectly so I know it's not the adapter. Does anyone else have this issue or any fixes?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Bluetooth skipping when streaming audio.

Well after tinkering for a while and with some help I've figured it out. In case anyone else has a similar set up this is what I've found. My radio has bluetooth handsfree connection (but no A2DP which sucks) so I had my bluetooth connection split. One to the radio for phone only and one to the adapter for music only. I tried turning off the bluetooth to phone controls only and leave the streaming music on and made it through an entire song and into the next with no skips. When I turned the phone feature back on the skipping started again. I guess it's problem solved, I can either stream music and podcasts of have hands free calling. It just sucks that I can't have both connections live at the same time. I'm guessing there just isn't enough bandwidth to run both at the same time? Now I'm wondering if a new phone would solve that probelm.

My Bionic, running ICS, streams music and keeps phone calls coming in over the factory set-up in my 2011 Toyota. I would think I would experience this skipping if all Motorola phones have this issue.

This isn't a phone issue, but a Bluetooth "issue". It was never designed to work with 2 devices at the same time. Some devices can switch (normally the receiver, not phones). So you can have a media device, and a phone hook to 1 "speaker/headset", but even that feature is few and far between, but becoming more common.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That's exactly right. I was one model year off on my truck to get that. I was trying to find a way around buying a $1200 dollar unit on a 3 year old vehicle. I've come to find out the Dodge mygig units are becoming more trouble then they're worth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Get a usaspec bt35-toy, cost you 125 but you get Bluetooth on your car for music.