Lost 4G connectivity [Solved]

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the LTE OnOff app a fair bit to save battery power and today I hit the wrong setting when trying to turn 4G back on. Instead of tapping "LTE/EvDo/CDMA,", my aim was of a fraction of an inch and accidentally hit "LTE/GSM/WCDMA." I corrected it in the setting, but since then, it won't connect data at all unless I set it to CDMA auto (PRL).

Setting it to the proper option, data will not connect in 3 or 4G. Rebooting the phone resets it to CDMA auto PRL, not to LTE/EvDo/CDMA like it used to. Even if already set to LTE/EvDo/CDMA without connection, it still reboots to CDMA auto.

Any ideas how to get my 4G back?

Last edited:

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost 4G connectivity

Yea, I found that since the ICS update, switching off the LTE, and then back on does not go well. So since I have the extended battery, I just leave LTE on all the time now, and still can get 2 days out of a single charge. I found that switching it back to LTE/CDMA/EvDo, then shutting down, battery pull for 5-10 min would fix the problem.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost 4G connectivity

Switching back and forth for me was never a problem. It was only the one time I hit the wrong option that things went screwball. I'll try the battery pull, though, when I have time later.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost 4G connectivity [fixed]

I was tinkering around and turned LTE/CDMA on via the app, went into the normal system settings to disable and re-enable mobile data in the data usage section, and as well as in the mobile networks settings. For whatever reason, 4G kicked on when enabled. I had tried battery and sim card pull tricks based on other people I saw with this issue with no success. Then I saw a thread for another phone with a similar problem concerning wifi toggle widgets, and they reported the widget wouldn't work sometimes but doing it via system settings would kick the radio on. I figured it's worth a shot on mine.

Last edited:

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost 4G connectivity [fixed]

Cool, glad to hear you got it fixed, and thanks for updating. Should the need arise, I now know what to do.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No promises it will work for everyone. Sounds like one of those problems that has different solutions based on how temperamental your phone is. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie