Weird sensor glowing red
I checked my phone for the green led blinking email notifier when I spotted a very faint constant red glow coming from above the screen (which was dark because it wasn't turned on yet) but the red glow was to the left of where the notification led is. It was glowing from either the ambient light sensor or the proximity sensor. I turned the phone on and the glow was still there, also the screen brightness was at maximum despite the fact that the room was dark.
Although the screen was fully lit, the bottom keys ( menu, home, back, search ) were not lit.
Automatic brightness was still checked in brightness level settings, and turning automatic off and manually setting brightness with the slider had no effect at all. Only a full power off and reboot got rid of the red glow and returned a functional automatic brightness to the screen.
- By AFR_NY in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 12Last Post: 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
- By Lsx346 in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
- By taygo in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
- By tracerit in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 39Last Post: 06-30-2010, 12:30 PM
- By salanester in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 16Last Post: 11-18-2009, 01:26 AM