Using my Droid Bionic overseas

RobCeltic

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
When I purchased my Droid Bionic in March 2012 the sales rep assured me it could be used overseas. He even showed me the settings site on the phone that I needed to go to to switch it to GSM. Two weeks ago I went to that settings on the phone just to verify what I needed to do in order to make the switch. Last week I went in to the local Verizon store to see what else I need to do/sign up for as I am going overseas and when the rep went to the settings on my phone the selections were no longer available. What is up with this? The rep played dumb but I am not an idiot. There are now two light blue selections where the original four were. I am hoping mad. Any help on this? I am not too savvy with tech things but can follow instructions.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
When I purchased my Droid Bionic in March 2012 the sales rep assured me it could be used overseas. He even showed me the settings site on the phone that I needed to go to to switch it to GSM. Two weeks ago I went to that settings on the phone just to verify what I needed to do in order to make the switch. Last week I went in to the local Verizon store to see what else I need to do/sign up for as I am going overseas and when the rep went to the settings on my phone the selections were no longer available. What is up with this? The rep played dumb but I am not an idiot. There are now two light blue selections where the original four were. I am hoping mad. Any help on this? I am not too savvy with tech things but can follow instructions.

I don't have a Bionic in front of me, but there is nothing to do except buy a local SIM when you get where you are going. It should use the international sim and allow you to make calls with no issues. It's Global GSM enabled with nothing for you to do.

shawn510#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had no luck with mine. I did the radiocomm tweak and confirmed it with an ATT sim and it worked. I gad global roaming added to my account but could not get a connection in France or Algeria. I had a local prepaid gsm phone so I tried the local sim in the Bionic and got nothing.
I think it is not quadband.