Remove Password Lock?

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My friend has a Bionic, and he turned Encryption on awhile back, which requires that he have a password lock. His need for encryption has gone away, but he is unable to remove the password lock. When he goes into the screen lock options, the "slide lock" option and "none" are grayed out. Is there some other setting he needs to change to free up these options?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My friend has a Bionic, and he turned Encryption on awhile back, which requires that he have a password lock. His need for encryption has gone away, but he is unable to remove the password lock. When he goes into the screen lock options, the "slide lock" option and "none" are grayed out. Is there some other setting he needs to change to free up these options?

Did he turn off data encryption first? It should be in the same place as trying to turn off passcode lock - under Data Encryption, turn it off and apply, it will restart the phone, and then you should be able to disable the screenlock.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, he tried that, but still does not have the options available. I'm thinking factory reset myself, but not sure that will work either.

Hmm, as I recall there is a setting for Device administrators in that same general place. Does the phone have any device admins set? A security software application may create this in order to prevent it from being uninstalled.

It may be that you need to disable those before you can change the screen lock to none.

If not, I would think that factory reset is the next step...

knt0910

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site