Droid Bionic for Straight Talk-Verizon???

AnthemSong

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay, be patient with me, because I'm not a techie or anything. I just like a phone that looks good, is comfortable to hold and operate, is 4G capable, and has good battery life. That's simple enough. Here's my great quandary and heartache:

I currently have an HTC Inspire, an AT&T phone, which I was using on the Straight Talk network. Well, I moved from the city to the country (pretty much), and the only carrier or towers that work out here on the Straight Talk netword is Verizon. Great. I always thought Verizon was a money-sucking vampire, but it's my only option now. So, I decided to get a Droid Bionic to use on Verizon's no-contract plan, a real upgrade from my Inspire which I loved, but then a Verizon representative told me that I can't get on their no-contract plan unless I have had a contract with them for at least six months. Vampires! So, it looks like my only choice now is to buy one of Straight Talk's Verizon phones which are either downgrades from my Inspire or cost about a half an arm and a half a leg. I'm not a millionaire yet, people! I don't want to trade my wallet and bank account for a Straight Talk Verizon phone. What I want to know is if there is a way around this! Can I go ahead and buy a Droid Bionic and still use it on the Straight Talk or Verizon network without commiting six months to a Verizon contract or buying a cheap Verizon? Is there a way around this-- like flashing a Bionic or whatever? Someone please help. I don't want to downgrade phones, and I don't want to sign a contract with Verizon and trade my soul just for costly service. Can I still get a phone I want and still be on Verizon or Straight Talk-Verizon? All help is appreciated!

Anthem

AnthemSong

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, thanks for being honest. I'm going to see if Page Plus works where I live. Anything but Verizon contract or a crappy Verizon android phone for Straight Talk.

Matthew Kreh

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am using a droid bionic on Family Mobile right now (walmart's t-mobile plan). Before this I used the same phone with AT&T GoPhone sim card for voice with wifi only for internet (used droidwall to limit net to wifi).

I don't know much about Straight Talk, but I can tell you the steps I used to get my phone working with non-verizon sim cards if you are still interested. Signal strength is the only issue I am still working on, but from what I read online that may just be a few build.prop settings from being fixed (hopefully... I haven't gotten more than 2 bars of signal on non-verizon sim cards).

rebelhorseranch

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading these posts and as I am very new to this, I do not see that anyone has given the steps to make a droid bionic cdma verizon phone work with straight talk...am I just missing it? Did you do it after reading these posts? Much of the terminology is like a foreign language and I obviously missed that class.
thanks

soloz24cav

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
How do u do it? I am totally confused. Everyone is saying the Bionic is a CDMA phone but it has a sim card. Wouldn't that make it a GSM phone?

PaPa-RAM

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
This Phone is fairly simple to ROOT, and I'm no techie.
Once rooted install SafeStrap
Install CM10.2 ROM
This ROM uses JB 4.3.1
You can then choose almost any network mode.
Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-55-53.png
Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-46-30.png
Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-47-16.png

MD Elmore

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay, be patient with me, because I'm not a techie or anything. I just like a phone that looks good, is comfortable to hold and operate, is 4G capable, and has good battery life. That's simple enough. Here's my great quandary and heartache:

I currently have an HTC Inspire, an AT&T phone, which I was using on the Straight Talk network. Well, I moved from the city to the country (pretty much), and the only carrier or towers that work out here on the Straight Talk netword is Verizon. Great. I always thought Verizon was a money-sucking vampire, but it's my only option now. So, I decided to get a Droid Bionic to use on Verizon's no-contract plan, a real upgrade from my Inspire which I loved, but then a Verizon representative told me that I can't get on their no-contract plan unless I have had a contract with them for at least six months. Vampires! So, it looks like my only choice now is to buy one of Straight Talk's Verizon phones which are either downgrades from my Inspire or cost about a half an arm and a half a leg. I'm not a millionaire yet, people! I don't want to trade my wallet and bank account for a Straight Talk Verizon phone. What I want to know is if there is a way around this! Can I go ahead and buy a Droid Bionic and still use it on the Straight Talk or Verizon network without commiting six months to a Verizon contract or buying a cheap Verizon? Is there a way around this-- like flashing a Bionic or whatever? Someone please help. I don't want to downgrade phones, and I don't want to sign a contract with Verizon and trade my soul just for costly service. Can I still get a phone I want and still be on Verizon or Straight Talk-Verizon? All help is appreciated!

Anthem

MD Elmore

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
It's funny because I just went online about the same phone the Droid Bionic to see rather I not straight talk provides it. It turns out you can get the phone under them but there's a certain app you need to install on your phone only thing you have to do is Google the information about straight talk and the Droid Bionic

Kory Karlson

May 13, 2014
Visit site
i have a verison bionic i want to put on straight talk.. ive folllowed every lead and tried every method but with how old the phone is i struggle hard to find any kind of success. whenever i try to switch to wcdma prerfered in the *#*#INFO#*#* menu it tells me "the process com.android.phone has quit" any kind of help would be greatly appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995