Flash Verizon Phone to Straight Talk?

AnthemSong

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just came upon a term that seems to mean 'cheat code'. Flashing phones? I want to use a Verizon phone on my Straight Talk network as Verizon is the only network out here where I live and so I can't use ATT anymore (or T-Mobile for that matter as they don't have bars out here either). But I don't want to be stuck with a $400 Straight Talk-Verizon phone or a cheap, 3.7 inch-screen HTC from Straight Talk's Verizon line-up of phones. Can I get my own Verizon phone and have it flashed to the Straight Talk network so I can bypass all the BS and not hate myself every time I look at some Straight-Talk Verizon phone in my hand? Can I flash a Droid Bionic or Thunderbolt or Incredible or X2 so I can use it on Straight Talk's network? I want to get a Bionic, but I just wanted to name those other ones too. Any help would be much appreciated!

Anthem

im2good4foolz

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Straight Talk has a kit at Wal-Mart for $59.96 and it LEGALLY flashes any CDMA phone to use on Straight Talk. I've done this with my Verizon Droid2. So I know it works for sure. I had the same problem with reception up where I live and noone having towers.

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Straight Talk has a kit at Wal-Mart for $59.96 and it LEGALLY flashes any CDMA phone to use on Straight Talk. I've done this with my Verizon Droid2. So I know it works for sure. I had the same problem with reception up where I live and noone having towers.

I assume your Droid2 is only 3G, then? Straight Talk's BYOP plan doesn't work with 4G LTE phones from Verizon:
Note: This program will not work with 4G LTE technology phones, iPhones, Blackberries or branded Straight Talk, TracFone, Safe Link, NET10 Wireless, and Telcel America phones.

AnthemSong, what did you end up getting?

David357

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Im new here so please bear with me. I purchased a new droid bionic to use on ST. I went and bought the activation kit and activated the sim card included. The phone has never been on a network. I got a white screen that says sim card from unknown source. How do I get this phone to work. The phone is unlocked. ST said it wont work. Another forum said it has to be flashed to ST to work. Please Help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34