Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Garfish
  • 1 Post By whatdafonk
  • 1 Post By Sockeye3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ear Speaker Crackling

Just thought I would post this as a reference for anybody that is experiencing the "crackling" noise in your ear speaker. My ear speaker recently started crackling very bad and it was hard to hear the person I was on the phone with. Even with the volume turned down about half way, I could still hear a little crackling sound but could barely hear the other person. I thought I had blown the speaker and was about to order a replacement online, when I decided to do some searching. I found the solution. It may sound crazy and a little weird, but it worked for me. To fix the crackling noise, put your mouth on the ear speaker and blown in and suck out. After I did this my speaker worked like normal again. I guess the vacuum and pressure moves the speaker cone and gets it straightened out.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Ear Speaker Crackling

+1 to pchrist11,
    takes 10 seconds to try and fixed the issue. Created an account simply to support this as now my ears wont bleed during a call.

Just dont do it too hard, puffing out and sucking in your cheeks is all it takes or you may well damage it.
    It must just pop the diaphragm back into its correct position as it must be out of place which causes the distortion.

*For reference this was a Moto Razr M that had the issue, started 3 days ago after 5 months of perfect use.

Cheers again mate!!!
    Thanked by:
    pchrist11 likes this.

Thanks for posting. This actually fixed my problem, wp.
    Thanked by:
    pchrist11 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    +1 to pchrist11,
    takes 10 seconds to try and fixed the issue. Created an account simply to support this as now my ears wont bleed during a call.

Just dont do it too hard, puffing out and sucking in your cheeks is all it takes or you may well damage it.
    It must just pop the diaphragm back into its correct position as it must be out of place which causes the distortion.

*For reference this was a Moto Razr M that had the issue, started 3 days ago after 5 months of perfect use.

Cheers again mate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatdafonk View Post
    Thanks for posting. This actually fixed my problem, wp.
    I'm glad it worked for both of you. Mine is still working as well. I still have to do this from time to time to fix it. I blame Voxer for it because it used to play through the ear speaker even when it showed loud speaker in Voxer, so I would turn it up then realize that I had turned it to max on the ear speaker. After clicking the button to switch between ear speaker and loud speaker inside Voxer it would play through the loud speaker. I think they have fixed this bug now but I think it may have caused my speaker to get damaged a little.

After replacing the earpiece speaker in my Droid Razr M due to distortion and crackling, I experienced more of the same. I started to uninstall apps one at a time to try to find a third party culprit. No luck. I came upon this thread and tried a puff of air. No luck. Then I tried sucking in and bingo! It works like new! Couldn't believe it! Thanks for suggesting this! Just play your voice mail message to test. Mine was distorting pretty bad. Clear now!
    Thanked by:
    pchrist11 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye3 View Post
    After replacing the earpiece speaker in my Droid Razr M due to distortion and crackling, I experienced more of the same. I started to uninstall apps one at a time to try to find a third party culprit. No luck. I came upon this thread and tried a puff of air. No luck. Then I tried sucking in and bingo! It works like new! Couldn't believe it! Thanks for suggesting this! Just play your voice mail message to test. Mine was distorting pretty bad. Clear now!
    Thanks for posting. I'm glad it worked for you as well.