1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help with flashing JB FXZ on Bionic

So I tried to install JB from recovery and it said successful but then it was stuck in a bootloop at the droid eye. I cleaned the cache and some other things and it still didn't work. Then I made it worse by trying a second time to install JB from my SD card and it failed. Now I just get a black screen after the moto symbol. So I am trying to use RSD lite 6.1.4(Newest version?) and the JB FXZ from "http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_targa/list.php" to flash it but it is failing and saying "Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returned FAIL" Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Need help with flashing JB FXZ on Bionic

Okay never mind! I found the answer! I have a bionic working flawlessly on JB now.. Other than losing root.. :-(. I found the answer on a RAZR forum but can't find it but here is the same answer from Xda.
    1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
    2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
    3. Save
    4. Try flash use RSD

I just opened the file in notepad, found those 2 files and erased them and then saved. After that RSD worked fine! Woot! I recommend this to anyone who is bricked and can't find a fix.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Or you can use Rsd Light 5.7 and use this file to unbrick any bionic. The latest Rsd didn't work for me on windows 7. Here's the link . Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdawg57 View Post
    Okay never mind! I found the answer! I have a bionic working flawlessly on JB now.. Other than losing root.. :-(. I found the answer on a RAZR forum but can't find it but here is the same answer from Xda.
    1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
    2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
    3. Save
    4. Try flash use RSD

I just opened the file in notepad, found those 2 files and erased them and then saved. After that RSD worked fine! Woot! I recommend this to anyone who is bricked and can't find a fix.
    Thanks for this info. I was searching for a answer on this, saw this, did what you said, and I'm in business.

Thank you very much you made my day!!!

Thank you! Seriously! Keep this thread alive!

Nice Thanks! That did work, just edit file and flash!