1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Egz

Default No Sleep Mode in JB update

I used Sleep Mode alot, since I don't have access to my phone during the work day. Does airplane mode preserve power as well as sleep mode, or could a smart action do the same? Can I manually turn on a smart action to disable radios?

Default Re: No Sleep Mode in JB update

I use Airplane Mode exclusively every weekday morning because I can't get any signals at my morning work site, and it is an INCREDIBLE energy saving technique! Of course, it turns off cell reception too, so another option could be to turn off mobile data, GPS, and any other radios you may use.

HD WIDGETS has a customizable bar with the appropriate switches so you don't have to go through scores of menus.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The moto smart actions can enable and disable airplane mode at specific times and or days. I use it to make the battery charge faster at night.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

If all that's needed is Airplane Mode though, it's easier just to put a toggle switch on home screen rather than have SmartActions running in background and consuming power, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sleep and airplane modes are different. Sleep mode shuts down the phone with instant on capability, handy for when flying. Airplane mode is still there. Sleep mode is gone. I will miss sleep mode, any replacements in the Play Store?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Droid Bionic

I'm running 4.1.2 JB and still have sleep mode, or at least it calls it sleep mode.

YEah I have 4.1.2 as well and sleep mode still operates. I find it a pain in the ****, as there is no way to turn it off and it keeps going into sleep when the GPS is running, so have to hit the on button when driving. You would at least think you could tun sleep off rather than having 15 seconds - 10 minutes option.

Where are you guys finding the sleep option, because my 4.1.2 doesn't have it that I've seen. But if you're not planning to use the phone, turning cell data, GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth off saves major battery power. For example, leaving my phone with only Wi-Fi active as I sleep, it only looses a few percentages by the time I wake up. Simply not actively using the phone saves a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilhoh View Post
    YEah I have 4.1.2 as well and sleep mode still operates. I find it a pain in the ****, as there is no way to turn it off and it keeps going into sleep when the GPS is running, so have to hit the on button when driving. You would at least think you could tun sleep off rather than having 15 seconds - 10 minutes option.
    This guy is referring to the basic screen timeout. Not the hibernate type sleep.

sent from a Bionic