1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Default Can't connect to "n" wireless router

If I set my router to 802.11n my Bionic cannot see it. It doesn't show up in the list of available routers. If I set it to 802.11b or g it works fine.

Other computers can see the router when it is set to n, just not my bionic.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Can't connect to "n" wireless router

Guessing the Bionic isn't an N version capable wifi device, but I haven't seen the actual wifi spec on it.

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM/CyanogenMod 10

I think the Droid Bionic is a Wireless N capable device.
    And routers usually still work with non-N devices.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    I`m alive
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Bionic is definitely an N device. The problem is that when I turn on the N spectrum on the router, it disappears from the list of Wi-Fi available. When I switch it back to b/g, it reappears in the list. Very weird.

Anyone know what could be going on? Are others able to connect to N routers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sbudaj View Post
    Bionic is definitely an N device. The problem is that when I turn on the N spectrum on the router, it disappears from the list of Wi-Fi available. When I switch it back to b/g, it reappears in the list. Very weird.

Thanks.
    I'm connected to our office N router all day without any problems. I'm on JB and I'm not rooted. I haven't had any problems from the day I updated.

Quote Originally Posted by sbudaj View Post

Thanks.
    Correct, the Bionic is for sure n-capable. I too am on JB, completely stock un-rooted. Works fine with my n-router at home (and others). In fact, so far i haven't had to "forget" and then reconnect to previous SSID connections as some folks have posted needing to do. All sites remembered pre-JB still work for me.

Having said that, there "are" differences in routers in terms of how your device will behave, particularly with Max speed. I'll get 72Mbps to my son-in-law's Cisco n-router, 65Mbps to my own DLink router but only 54Mbps to an extension I have in another part of the house.

So, long story to short--> I suspect the problem might be your router.

Oh, and this speed behavior was the same (pre-JB-update) on ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

But the weird thing is that other wireless devices see the router when set to n, only my Bionic can't see it.

Check for firmware updates on the router. Also I think N uses two different frequencies. Make sure the router and bionic work. And as a last resort setup the WiFi on the bionic manually. WiFi is far from perfect, I have had trouble with a blue ray player and after I did everything manual (even the IP address and gateway and such) it would work fine.

OK I checked the bionic is N 2.4ghz only. Check within your router settings to make sure the router is not set to 5ghz only (or something similar) as 2.4 needs to be enabled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums