Bionic Ringtones after Jelly Bean Update

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Sometime last week, my ringtones and alarms were reset and now I cannot find the option to select a song as a ringtone or alarm. Everything was working fine after the Jelly Bean update. Now, when I go to select an alarm or ringtone I get two options: Media Storage and Go SMS Pro. I understand the Go SMS Pro is associated with that app. Upon selecting Media Storage, I get a list of just system ringtones and a few custom ones previously created. There is no option to select a music file. Is that option gone from JB?

I picked a third party app (Wayk) for alarms. But, still struggling with finding the solution for call ringtones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Jelly Bean replaced the Motorola Alarm & Clock app with the Android Clock app. In don't believe the Android Clock app ever had the ability to use a song as an alarm.

Not sure if this affects songs as ringtones in general.

I'm all for making my own ringtones and placing them where the Android system expect them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my ringtones after the update. My previously created tones from my mp3 library were missing, and I had no way to recreate them. I ended up downloading a free app called "Ringtone Maker" that allows me to make my mp3s into ringtones like the stock version did before. It's been a week now and so far, so good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I manually copied these to the phone's memory -

Ringtones: \media\audio\ringtones\
Alerts/Notification: \media\audio\notifications\

Tag your MP3s correctly if you want proper names showing up in your ringtones and alerts list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781