Upgrade to Official JB OTA from leaked ICS ota

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have tried my best to search the forums for this so if I missed it being mentioned somewhere I do apologize. I'm trying to be extra careful because the only reason I even have a Bionic is because my friend gave me her used one after my Rezound died and I don't want to lose another phone. Basically, when she had it she updated it to ICS using a leaked ota because of data connection issues. It fixed the issues, but now the phone can't be updated using the official JB OTA. My question is can the ota be flashed somehow. I don't need the phone to be rooted (my Rezound was so if I absolutely have to I can do it), I would prefer just to be on stock 4.1.2. I'm including a screen shot so everyone can see what version I am running. I've only had the phone a day so I appreciate the info. I'm not a developer, but I can certainly flash ROM's no problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!

2013-05-14 21.13.01.png

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
If i'm correct you can. I cant think of how off hand though
I have tried my best to search the forums for this so if I missed it being mentioned somewhere I do apologize. I'm trying to be extra careful because the only reason I even have a Bionic is because my friend gave me her used one after my Rezound died and I don't want to lose another phone. Basically, when she had it she updated it to ICS using a leaked ota because of data connection issues. It fixed the issues, but now the phone can't be updated using the official JB OTA. My question is can the ota be flashed somehow. I don't need the phone to be rooted (my Rezound was so if I absolutely have to I can do it), I would prefer just to be on stock 4.1.2. I'm including a screen shot so everyone can see what version I am running. I've only had the phone a day so I appreciate the info. I'm not a developer, but I can certainly flash ROMs no problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!

View attachment 68187

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
First post is what you should look at on here. Keep in mind this is for the Sprint Galaxy S3 but should give you a general idea on what to do. I wouldn't move forward though until you have gotten more info and researched on it. See how other people have updated to it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on how to update to it. Bionic isn't really my device so don't relay on me to much
Well, that at least gives me hope. Hopefully someone has seen this before. Can't imagine I'm the only one

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
House of Bionic. Look it up and follow the instructions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
House of Bionic. Look it up and follow the instructions.

I will. Do you know of anything specific in there regarding my situation? I'm willing to look and do the leg work but I thought maybe you saw a certain post or something. Thanks for the tip.

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
HoB - House of Bionic will definitely be your friend for this. I think you will have to first get to the ICS OTA (246 I think) then you can apply the JB OTA update.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Just use house of bionic to flash the 98.72.22 jelly bean fxz. 20 minutes of flashing and whamola your on jb

Be sure to read over everything regarding the house first. The instructions are straightforward enough once you read them

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I just said the same thing on your xda thread. HoB fxz keep data option with the jb fxz will do what you want but make sure to take the time to read, read again, then do. It's very easy for those that follow the instructions.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Excellent. I'll make sure I take the time to study everything first. I've only ever bricked one phone, don't want to make it two :D

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You won't brick it. But I get annoyed when people jump into the House of Bionic without reading first and then ask stupid questions that have already been answered in the material I put together. It's really not difficult. You basically install the latest moto drivers, the HoB install, the HoB rsd install, create a 98.72.22_FXZ directory in the HoB directory, drop the 98.72.22 FXZ zip file into the new directory, connect the phone to USB (NOT a usb 3 port), load up the HoB, and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. That's pretty much all there is to it. I made it as simple as I possibly could.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2