Lock Screen Emergency Caller

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the ICS update, I've been annoyed with how sensitive the emergency call button is. Same deal with JB. Is there any way to alter it? Perhaps even remove it from the home screen altogether (though that's probably unlikely)?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the ICS update, I've been annoyed with how sensitive the emergency call button is. Same deal with JB. Is there any way to alter it? Perhaps even remove it from the home screen altogether (though that's probably unlikely)?

Uhhhh...what in the world is 'the emergency call button'?? I've seen the App called 'Emergency Alerts' & I know what that is (never seen it used here) but looked through all the Widgets and Apps and can find nothing by that name.

A '911' button that some downloaded app provided?

Or maybe something from a ROM you've flashed?

Color me stumped!

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Uhhhh...what in the world is 'the emergency call button'?? I've seen the App called 'Emergency Alerts' & I know what that is (never seen it used here) but looked through all the Widgets and Apps and can find nothing by that name.

A '911' button that some downloaded app provided?

Or maybe something from a ROM you've flashed?

Color me stumped!

When the screen is in locked mode, the lower left corner has an option to bring up the emergency dialer. To its right is the emergency contacts button.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while and can't remember for sure, but you may have to actually set the emergency contacts in the regular contacts list for the button to appear. Otherwise it's kinda moot because it needs to know who it's allowed to call.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I use pattern, but PIN has the same 2 buttons below. I understand why there's an emergency call option, but I wish it could be initiated only deliberately (like with a swipe gesture).

dennis garber

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
yes this is a very annoying problem that needs to be fixed. I can almost not carry my phone around at all without it constantly trying to dial 911. I do use a pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34