Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

Default Re: Goodbye to my Bionic

Quote Originally Posted by 804hokie View Post
    I'm guessing that the HTC One on Verizon still won't have an microSD slot? It's a very nice phone (can't believe more manufactures haven't thought to have stereo speakers on the front), but the overall package of the S4 really has it all.
    Probably won't have an SD slot.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Karma.

"The US International Trade Commission has found Apple guilty of infringing on a Samsung-owned patent, issuing a cease-and-desist order on older iPhone and iPad models. The limited exclusion order specifically targets the Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 3GS, Apple iPad 3G, Apple iPad 2 3G and their use of Samsung’s wireless 3G patent (no. 7,706,348)."

skipatrol likes this.

A few Apple freaks were telling me about this. Sick of the lawsuits and silly waste of money in courts instead of on developing awesome phones. Apple needs a taste of its own medicine.

I think it's a real sign of the end of the Bionic if there's this much discussion about OTHER phones. I had the Bionic from the first month it was out. Can't call it an epic fail but it did let down tons of people. Thanks a lot, Motorolla! Ive been looking into getting the Samsung Note 2 phone this weekend then swap it for the Note 3 because of its monster specs in the Fall. I'm done with this phone and its laggy JB update. Yes I did make a few changes to see some little improvement but enough already.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syounger64 View Post
    I think it's a real sign of the end of the Bionic if there's this much discussion about OTHER phones. I had the Bionic from the first month it was out. Can't call it an epic fail but it did let down tons of people. Thanks a lot, Motorolla! Ive been looking into getting the Samsung Note 2 phone this weekend then swap it for the Note 3 because of its monster specs in the Fall. I'm done with this phone and its laggy JB update. Yes I did make a few changes to see some little improvement but enough already.
    We're talking about a phone that was released on September 8th, 2011. Do you know how long that is in phone years?!
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

shadowsjc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    We're talking about a phone that was released on September 8th, 2011. Do you know how long that is in phone years?!
    2 x 100 years?

I'm guessing that the HTC One on Verizon still won't have an microSD slot? It's a very nice phone (can't believe more manufactures haven't thought to have stereo speakers on the front), but the overall package of the S4 really has it all.
    Thats what kept me from waiting for the One - SD and replaceable battery. I'm still intrigued by those speakers though.

PS my Bionic served me well but its onto the S4. And just as a reminder (because I lost unlimited data and went for the 2gb plan). When installing your apps onto your new phone from the market, don't be stupid like me and make sure you use wifi!. gotta get used to the whole data cap thing.

The Bionic (at first) was a let down. I bought it a month after it released (the losing data for hours on end was priceless). But Moto did their job and made fixes and the phone got better and better over time - albeit slowly. The ICS update was like getting a new phone. And thanks to Samurai I was able to instal that much quicker than the OTA. The Bionic (now) still holds it's weight somewhat. The dual core processor can still do its thing 2 years later.
    Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skipatrol View Post
    The Bionic (at first) was a let down. I bought it a month after it released (the losing data for hours on end was priceless). But Moto did their job and made fixes and the phone got better and better over time - albeit slowly. The ICS update was like getting a new phone. And thanks to Samurai I was able to instal that much quicker than the OTA. The Bionic (now) still holds it's weight somewhat. The dual core processor can still do its thing 2 years later.
    My Bionic more than holds it's own. I'm going to keep it as long as I can. Love the Lapdock.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

WebOS Refugee likes this.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    My Bionic more than holds it's own. I'm going to keep it as long as I can. Love the Lapdock.
    I don't have a Lapdock, but I'm right there with you on keeping the Bionic. It's a mobile Internet-capable device that also handles communications via multiple channels, and does it all well. When the Note 2 drops down to the $30 range that I paid for the Bionic, I may defect to the larger screen to help my aging eyes, but in the meantime the Bionic is so effective in its various roles that I feel no pressure to upgrade. None.

Finally had it with the laggy JB update too so I just bought a Nexus 4 and am using the T-Mobile $30 plan with GrooveIp. So far so good. I'm getting up to 12mbps download in the Phoenix area. This should hold me over until the Moto X comes out and if I'm not impressed I'll just stick with the Nexus 4.

I've looked but can't find any source that lists the release date of the S4 DEd. Anyone have any idea? I'm definitely not leaving VzW for another carrier.

Hope you're not on a family plan. Anyway, the GEDs are out next month. I'd imagine the same time frame for the Dev phone. But no official date has ever been mentioned for it.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Hope you're not on a family plan. Anyway, the GEDs are out next month. I'd imagine the same time frame for the Dev phone. But no official date has ever been mentioned for it.
    I'm not, but I did jump on that promotion for double the data for half the price in late 2011. If other networks had the coverage and performance of Verizon, then I'd happily shop around. But this isn't the case, especially in Central Virginia.

All I can say is prepare to pay more. I'll leave it at that.

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

I'm happily saying bye-bye to my Bionic today. I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy 3 on Verizon Wireless. Love the screen on this phone. A lot clearer to me than the Bionic but then again I had that phone since April of last year. The new phone is definitely easier on my "old" eyes.
    Cindy
    ---------------------------
    My Android Wallpapers Site
    http://cindysandroidwallpapers.wordpress.com/

The Developer Edition is here!

Samsung told us to expect the developer edition of its flagship device to come to Verizon and AT&T “soon,” and at least one of those carriers have gotten the release out of the way. Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition is now available for an off-contract price of $650. This version of the phone is nearly identical to the subsidized version, save for the ability for you to unlock the bootloader and make the device as free as you want it to be out of the box.

The Developer Edition is here!

Samsung told us to expect the developer edition of its flagship device to come to Verizon and AT&T “soon,” and at least one of those carriers have gotten the release out of the way. Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition is now available for an off-contract price of $650. This version of the phone is nearly identical to the subsidized version, save for the ability for you to unlock the bootloader and make the device as free as you want it to be out of the box.
    I just saw the news article on it. Very nice. It's going to be a beast of a phone. Enjoy it!

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    I just saw the news article on it. Very nice. It's going to be a beast of a phone. Enjoy it!
    Besides, it's the same price as an unsubsidized vanilla S4.
    debonu likes this.

Besides, it's the same price as an unsubsidized vanilla S4.
    Exactly. If you plan on buying one outright, the Dev version makes the most sense.

debonu likes this.

I'm trying to decide whether to hold off and wait for the Moto X or just get an S4... =/ Seriously torn. There are just a few things that are annoying me about my Bionic... Bluetooth in my car wanting to constantly reconnect as if its a new connection, the battery life, and lag coming out of airplane mode in the morning when I wake up. I have absolutely loved this phone even with it's occasional quirks... But it may be time to move on.

My GS4 arrived Monday, and I've been very impressed by it thus far. Samsung has a reputation for having less capable radios than Motorola and I do seem to have 1-less signal bar than my Bionic at home. Upon doing some research, the real measure of signal integrity is found with the dBm and asu. These compare very favorably to my Bionic, and I've had NO data nor phone drops. However, my download speeds on LTE have doubled with the GS4.

I'm retaining my Bionic for the time being as a backup/extra nav system.
    SamuriHL likes this.

Dredging up an old thread for a quick minute. I have no only said goodbye to Motorola devices, but, I have also said goodbye to Verizon. I've had enough of their nonsense and locked down devices. I'm very happy now on an S4 GPE on AT&T with a 6 gig share data plan. My Moto days may be behind me, but, it's time to open up a can of YEEHAW on Samsung tinkering!

skipatrol likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

It's either MOTO X or DROID MINI for me. Probably.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

I'm sorry.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast