1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Was there a recent system update?

I know the Bionic wasn't slated for any more updates, but noticed several things lately making me wonder if something came through without me knowing. I've noticed that Swype isn't near as accurate as it once was even though I didn't make any adjustments, and it now takes quite a long time for a GPS fix. Those two alone I may have figured for coincidence of bugs or environmental effects blocking a good GPS signal (though my stand alone GPS unit and my vehicle's tracking GPS are fine), but I noticed an actual system app change yesterday that made me wonder.

I went to set a pic as a wallpaper, and instead of the basic selection box to crop with, it now has the main box with a couple of smaller guide box type things inside it. I've never seen those before and pretty sure I've used the function before since the JB update. I don't often use this function, but combined with those other two issues, now I'm wondering if there was an update passed through recently.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Default Re: Was there a recent system update?

What? There's no such thing as a stealth update. Bionic is not getting any more updates.

sent from my beantastic Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I didn't mean stealth per se, but the ICS update came through while I was sleeping, installed itself, and booted back up without any input from me or giving me a chance to decline it. So I was wondering if something like that happened again. I also said it was my understanding that we weren't supposed to get any more updates, but it's pretty apparent to me that something recently changed or updated. There's also been another minor change with text entries and how it handles spelling errors, even after the JB update.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

I repeat. The bionic has not and will not get any more updates after jellybean.

sent from my beantastic Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

rather than a system update, i'll bet there were some app updates that are causing your issues. i've seen a few reports of gps not locking on as rapidly since the maps update this week.