Is there an App Update Scheduler app?

John Parabellum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I like to have my phone on automatic updates but it oftentimes will update apps when I am in the middle of a text conversation or something. When the bionic updates apps, it becomes very difficult to do anything else as the downloading and installing of apps seem to eat all of the resources. Is there an app that would let me force my phone to only update at 3-5am in the morning?

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am with you on the slowness of the phone when it does do the updates which is why I started taking mine off of auto updates. So it will let me know when an update is available and I can decide to do it then or just do it later manually, plus I go into the play store and check "My Apps" pretty regularly to make sure I haven't missed anything.

chrisp6825

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You could use tasker* to enable and disable autosync (play store will only update when auto sync is on). Also, the Dev will give you a longer (7 day?) Trial at his website.

If you decide to give it a try, I could help you around making the profile. Not hard to do, just overwhelming at first.

* yes and thanks, auto correct is a double edged sword.

sent from a Bionic

Last edited:

chrisp6825

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Found a small gem and thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone may like it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...hoursdevelopers.android.synker&token=bux-f2HE

A tasker/locale plugin to fine-control syncing. Force all sync, sync certain accounts, etc.

Also has widgets for non-tasker use.

---
For a two-app solution, I could export my tasker profile for this to an app, and it'd work with the syncer app i linked to. May not be ideal, but would work as expected.

sent from a Bionic

Last edited: