USPS - Stuck In Transit

MeganGoode

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Bionic online and the seller shipped it USPS First Class (yeah, I'm scratching my head on this one,too).

I paid for it on May 28, 2014 and it was shipped on May 29, 2014. The package was accepted and departed from San Antonio, Texas post office around 6pm on the 29th. I didn't get another update until June 2nd at 11pm saying it was processed at the USPS sort facility. My last update was at 2:30am on June 3 saying it departed the sort facility.

Tracking hasn't updated since the 3rd and USPS expected delivery date was Monday June 2nd (I know the expected delivery date is almost always wrong). The expected delivery date from eBay was Friday May 30 to Thursday June 5th.

I called USPS number yesterday but I was on hold for so long. If the item hasn't shown up by Saturday I will either file a claim online or contact the seller to see if they can initiate something on their end.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? Did the tracking appear to be stuck? Did you ever get your package?

I'm really impatient as the phone was intended as a gift.

Here is the tracking log:

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
First-Class Package Service
Features:
USPS Tracking?
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Depart USPS Sort Facility
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
Your item departed our SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284 sort facility on June 3, 2014 at 2:38 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
June 2, 2014 , 11:32 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
May 29, 2014 , 6:27 pm
Depart Post Office
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78238
May 29, 2014 , 6:09 pm
Acceptance
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78238
May 29, 2014
Electronic Shipping Info Received

Thank you for any help

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Now that the delivery window is past, I would contact the USPS to see what's up. I'd also let the seller know, but I doubt there's much they could do unless it's a retailer that could send another phone.

I had a different, but more odd situation with them too. The tracking went ok until it got to the local PO. From there, the tracking said it was shipped to a dead mail sorting facility. When I called the PO, they said that happens if the label isn't readable and Dead Mail will open it to check for any shipping info inside the package. Ok, fair enough, but they said it could take up to 30 days to be processed and should wait until then before filing a claim or anything. Well, the next day I find the package in my mailbox. When I checked the tracking info, in the span of 24 hrs, it went from the local PO, to Dead Mail a state away, then to my house and bypassing the local PO. My guess is the package was simply scanned wrong, but considering my track record with the USPS losing things, there's no telling what actually happened. At least I got the package in good shape.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure Usps requires 30 days before filing. I have had a package that took over 40 days to get to me that is just one state over. It happens.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

xpcjx87

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine two days ago in the same situation, bought online and watched tracking like a hawk, it was supposed to only take 3 days but instead took twice as long.

Eventually, tracking said it was supposed to be "delivered status" on the 10th but got here a day earlier.

You can try finding a way to call the last facility it was at. I don't know how else to help, sorry. Just be patient.

Motorola Droid Bionic running CM 10.2.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon