Motorola Bionic

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad my upgrade isn't due until July after today... It gives me time to do some homework and make many trips to my store for play time. I've never been more confused!

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
LTE = 1337 = leet = elite vzw for the win especially with this one good job moto

the only thing that sucks it where i live(little ol' rhode island) we probably wont be getting 4g for awhile...

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The one thing that really has me thinking is why does this phone only do 720p record when the chip is capable of 1080p record at 30 frames per second

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
LTE = 1337 = leet = elite vzw for the win especially with this one good job moto

the only thing that sucks it where i live(little ol' rhode island) we probably wont be getting 4g for awhile...

I live in RI too. We'll be one of the firsts to have 4G without a doubt. Providence always gets stuff the same time that Boston does. So I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm really disappointed that none of the other LTE phones slated for 2011 have a dual-core besides the Bionic. If the T-Bolt had one it would have been a complete slam-dunk, no questions asked purchase. Unfortunately, buying a single core now will put you far behind the leading tech in just a few months.

It's really depressing that VZW sold it's soul to Apple and couldn't get the flagship phones.

Hell, even the Optimus 2X has a dual-core while the Revolution does not.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
And why the complaints of a locked bootloader? They eventually got around it as they always do. It just might take a few weeks or months.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
We don't even know what security is in place but if its locked it will be circumvented. Blur sucks but its not terrible and with 3rd party launchers its a non issue. Hardware is top notch and that's what I want

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
We don't even know what security is in place but if its locked it will be circumvented. Blur sucks but its not terrible and with 3rd party launchers its a non issue. Hardware is top notch and that's what I want

Very true, not worried about flashing roms as soon as I can if I get this phone, I would be fine with lp+ for a while.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Actually Moto looses big time. Blur + locked bootloader = MEGA FAIL!

The new Blur is the least noticeable skin of Android of them all. What's the big deal? It's not that bad. And its more battery friendly than Sense.

Locked bootloader a fail? Give me a break. The DX is both rooted and runs custom Roms. What more do you want? You can still put pretty themes on your fancy phone.

Check out the DX forums and look out there screenshots. If you're not impressed because of your pre judgement then you shouldn't even bother stepping into or looking at MOTO devices because they all will look the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I'm really disappointed that none of the other LTE phones slated for 2011 have a dual-core besides the Bionic. If the T-Bolt had one it would have been a complete slam-dunk, no questions asked purchase. Unfortunately, buying a single core now will put you far behind the leading tech in just a few months.

It's really depressing that VZW sold it's soul to Apple and couldn't get the flagship phones.

Hell, even the Optimus 2X has a dual-core while the Revolution does not.

I completely agree. A dual-core HTC phone would kill anything that Moto has to offer. Openness is greatly valued in my book, even though HTC locks down internal memory. The locked down phones that Motorola releases frustrate me. I wanted a Droid 2 so badly, but they signed and eFused the bootloader.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
"Selling their soul to Apple..." "not getting the best flagship products..."

It's called business, folks.

Verizon can't simply get the best of everything. If they had the best HTC, best Moto, best Samsung, best LG, and best Apple products... they would dominate. Different carriers are going to get different deals.

All the players involved have to try and keep everyone happy. HTC and Moto know iPhone is coming. They know that will impact their ability to sell phones in Q1/Q2 at Verizon.

So compromises are made. Moto says we'll push harder at AT&T on some of those iPhone 3GS customers that might be getting ready to come off contract (released June 8, 2009, 2 year agreement would end June 2011) and give them a slightly better product (better RAM, better accessories). HTC says we'll release maybe a bit earlier, but we're not going to throw the more expensive components (dual core) into the phone.

They're going to let the iPhone rush subside, and let those customers get into their nice long 2 year contracts.

I would imagine in Q3/Q4 you'll see the Thunderbolt 2 or something like that from HTC. It will be the phone the original Thunderbolt should have been, with a dual core processor, etc.

Same thing with Moto. Late this year or very early next year you'll see a Bionic 2 or their next flagship device, just like you saw with Droid being released on Nov. 6, 2009, Droid X on July 15, 2010 (8 months later). It would make sense if they release in April to have the next gen in December for the Christmas rush.

My two cents. It's just business. I haven't played with blur, but I don't like the idea of not being able to do whatever I want on a phone due to it being locked down. Only time will tell.

Reactions: corymcnutt

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This will be my next phone. I can't wait for this phone to be released!!! I gave my DX to my wife to use her upgrade. Her upgrade was up Jan 1st. I am using her Storm 1 and it is driving me nuts...

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I live in RI too. We'll be one of the firsts to have 4G without a doubt. Providence always gets stuff the same time that Boston does. So I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

really? didnt think people cared about providence like they did back in the early 20th century lol

tbcpn#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I too wanted to get away from the locked down bootloader and Moto, but they make good hardware so its hard to say no.

A bit OT. Very true about the Moto hardware, at least in the case of the DX. I've got an Incredible (AMOLED / Unrevoked Forever) that I've had for a few months and it's very nice and very fast.

Picked up the Droid X a week ago because I wanted a larger screen. The build quality of the DX is very impressive--rock solid. Now if they'd do something about the locked down sub-system...