Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default does Bionic come with a SD card slot?

    does the Bionic come with a SD card and slot as well??

    this phone looks good, but with only 512mb of RAM it worries me quite a bit.
  2. #2  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    512 will work for most anything though 1g is better yes it comes with an sdcard slot. Now to find out if this 16g is just for app storage
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  3. #3  

    Default

    My next phone HAS to have at least 8gb for app storage. That's what I love about my X. I never, literally, never have to worry about having too many apps.
  4. #4  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    I feel you with that I just download apps without any worry of filling this bad boy up. I have atleast 10 apps if not more that I don't use but why delete them not like I need the space back
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  5. #5  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    I feel MOTO is sticking it to VZW because of ijunk. Beside screen size that ATT trump this phone. Finger scanner so freaking cool gobs of memory yep. What do we get this thing called Bionic which I don't see it as and don't forget that cool desk setup
  6. #6  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    Yeah looks like the VZW version got the shaft its missing allot plus fingerprint scanner to unlock it man I would love that
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  7. #7  
    tmacfan4321's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    I'm not really that worried about the fact that the Atrix got a bunch of stuff that the Bionic didn't. They don't have LTE or a sick 3G network to back it up. HSPA+ just isn't as good.
  8. #8  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default

    Not that HSPA+ is a slow crappy network or anything. Still the extra memory should be a stock feature of any next gen android phone.
  9. #9  
    J T M's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Still the extra memory should be a stock feature of any next gen android phone.
    + 1
  10. #10  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default

    If dual core is the next standard so should 1GB of RAM, if we are going to expect these phones to last 2 years we need the full capabilities.
  11. #11  
    tmacfan4321's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    If dual core is the next standard so should 1GB of RAM, if we are going to expect these phones to last 2 years we need the full capabilities.
    1. Dual-core processors aren't very common yet.
    2. 1GB of RAM won't be a standard for quite a while.
  12. #12  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default

    Well actually Dual Core processors will become the new common standard in 2011 for any high end phone. HTC is late, and they will have to live with lowered expectations. 1GB of RAM would be nice, but at least 784mb would be better.
  13. #13  
    tmacfan4321's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Well actually Dual Core processors will become the new common standard in 2011 for any high end phone. HTC is late, and they will have to live with lowered expectations. 1GB of RAM would be nice, but at least 784mb would be better.
    You're wrong. Tegra 2 is the only dual-core processor that's out right now, so you're not going to be seeing HTC or Samsung bring out dual-core phones anytime soon. I don't see Tegra 2 getting too many implementations outside of tablets and LG or Motorola phones. The real problem lies with Qualcomm, who won't be releasing a dual-core chip until Q3. Samsung and HTC rely on Qualcomm for almost all of their processors.

    HTC is, by far, the most prolific manufacturer of Android devices. Whatever they do will become the standard practice for the years to come.

    Why is 768MB of RAM needed? I don't quite get why there needs to be a ridiculous amount of RAM when Android isn't a memory hungry OS. 512MB is going to be just fine for the foreseeable future. Without the Atrix, no one would have even thought to put 1GB of RAM in a phone right now. The Thunderbolt has 768MB, but I'm guessing that it's last-gen DRAM that is slower than DDR2.
  14. #14  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default

    Fair enough on the processor debate. As for the memory, I have no complaints about 768MB on board, why is a good question but they put it in there for a reason, maybe its going to be their standard.
  15. #15  
    Auzo's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e30kid View Post
    You're wrong. Tegra 2 is the only dual-core processor that's out right now, so you're not going to be seeing HTC or Samsung bring out dual-core phones anytime soon. I don't see Tegra 2 getting too many implementations outside of tablets and LG or Motorola phones. The real problem lies with Qualcomm, who won't be releasing a dual-core chip until Q3. Samsung and HTC rely on Qualcomm for almost all of their processors.
    While tegra 2 may be the only dual core that is available in phones as of today there are 3 dual core processors ready for primtime. Tegra2, OMAP 4430 (currently used in BB Playbook actually), and MSM 8X60 (not to be confused with MSM 8960). Also Samsung has already announced they will be showcasing a dual core phone at MWC this year, although I doubt it will be the orion based SoC. This year will definitely be the year of the dual cores. Oh and Samsung definitely does not rely on Qualcomm, they have their own in-house designed SoC.

    Quote Originally Posted by e30kid View Post
    HTC is, by far, the most prolific manufacturer of Android devices. Whatever they do will become the standard practice for the years to come.
    This may have once been true, but those days are long gone. HTC is just another one of the innovators now, now better or worse than MOTO or Sammy. And right now they are behind.
  16. #16  
    tmacfan4321's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    While tegra 2 may be the only dual core that is available in phones as of today there are 3 dual core processors ready for primtime. Tegra2, OMAP 4430 (currently used in BB Playbook actually), and MSM 8X60 (not to be confused with MSM 8960). Also Samsung has already announced they will be showcasing a dual core phone at MWC this year, although I doubt it will be the orion based SoC. This year will definitely be the year of the dual cores. Oh and Samsung definitely does not rely on Qualcomm, they have their own in-house designed SoC.
    My post should have been clearer; HTC was not late, but Dual-core processors will become the standard in 2011. That was my fault with wording.

    This may have once been true, but those days are long gone. HTC is just another one of the innovators now, now better or worse than MOTO or Sammy. And right now they are behind.
    We soon shall see. MWC isn't very far away. Last year, HTC released far more Android phones than Motorola and just as many as Samsung, that's all that I know.
  17. #17  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    HTC will join in on the dualcore rage but I don't see one coming until they can get a dualcore snapdragon processor. Mwc will be interesting
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  18. #18  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default

    Seems like HTC wont have the dual core products until CES 2010, that is if the ship time is Q3 for the Qualcom Dual Core processors is still that far out.
  19. #19  
    1088933's Avatar
    Androidoholic

    Posts
    741 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

    Default

    I think 512 should be enough unless they pump the phone full of bloat ware and everything else. Would really like to see 1gb to support the dual core but what can you do.
    Galaxy Nexus

    Nokia 920

    Moto X
  20. #20  

    Default

    Just so you know, the 512 is DDR which means it is double regualr RAM. So 512 DDR is more than sufficient. It is also more energy efficient.
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hand_O_Death View Post
    Just so you know, the 512 is DDR which means it is double regualr RAM.
    Seriously? First, Double Regular RAM couldn't possibly be the meaning of DDR. It just doesn't match. Second, if you've actually been around computers long enough to remember the bogus memory doublers from the early 90s, you should know better than to think that's what DDR was. Besides, who would ever sell something as 'double the size of 512MB'? You would just say 1024MB.

    DDR means Double Data Rate. Data is transferred twice per clock, leading to... double the throughput. It has nothing to do with capacity. Spend a few seconds googling next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hand_O_Death View Post
    It is also more energy efficient.
    Being DDR has nothing to do with being energy efficient. All new memory is DDR. New memory gets produced on a smaller process than old memory. Smaller processes require less driving voltage, thus drawing less amperage and wasting less energy as heat. The two are nothing more than unrelated features on the same hardware.
  22. #22  
    E_man's Avatar

    Posts
    493 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

    Default

    I think he meant more energy efficient than 1Gb (which is true). While ram takes up next to no power in your PC or even laptop, I hear it's a huge juice sucker compared to phone parts.
  23. #23  
    Joelist's Avatar

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

    Default

    The RAM is DDR2 actually. So a smaller die than DDR. It is both faster and more energy efficient.
  24. #24  

    Wink Before you start pointing fingers

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I feel MOTO is sticking it to VZW because of ijunk. Beside screen size that ATT trump this phone. Finger scanner so freaking cool gobs of memory yep. What do we get this thing called Bionic which I don't see it as and don't forget that cool desk setup
    You need to realize along with a bunch of other people, that Motorola is not the only one who has a say in device hardware. You think no one else wanted to put an LTE radio in their device prior to CES? You think Samsung made the decision to pull the forward facing camera from the Fascinate and install bing? Verizon has a lot of say in what the final product will be. So before you start cussing out manufactures realize their not the only ones making decisions.
  25. #25  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default

    Did not read a single post (shoot me) a big *** SD card.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions